Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

why is my one control arm higher than the other ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is my one control arm higher than the other ?

I recently bought a 1992 accord lx and one control arm is higher than the other on right side ? i know works has been done, one shock replaced the other hasn't been ?

Could it be the new shocks put on right making it do that and why ?

how could i fix it or is it something else i am not aware of ?

most likely the older shock is sagging, causing that side to sit lower then the side with the newer shock

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
      most likely the older shock is sagging, causing that side to sit lower then the side with the newer shock
      Yep that could be that but I always recommend changing out two at a time if you do something like that so it will ride better and you dont get the saggin effect as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the good shock has control arm at eye level when looking from side ?
        the old shock has control arm about 45 degree angle up at eye level ?

Is there any way someone can use another shock, and not the righ one ?
        It was recently certified, i do hear a 2 creaking sounds when turning the wheel when moving.... like a shock making noise ?

Could it still be the old shock cause all of this?
        i am not getting any sagging on one side, just control arm looks funny...
        one at a 45 degree angle and other is eye level when crouching down on knees
        thanks for rely guys,
        Last edited by 86accordlx; 05-25-2006, 11:28 PM.

Comment

You see if its bent? They could have installed it wrong. But i would jack up the front of the car and turn the wheel and see if you can find where the noise is comin from.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

What do you mean bent ? control arm looks good normal just one comes up highter than the other ?

what should i be looking for ? how could it go on wrong ?

appreciated it guys...
            ((P.S thanks for idea about jaking up car and turing wheel to check , thank i'll do tomorrow....))
            Last edited by 86accordlx; 05-25-2006, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Well if they didnt let the spring sit on the perch on the shock but i doubt they did that, There is a certain way a shock is supposed to go because the brake line attaches to it and theres a bracket on there. But id jack it up and check first before anything else.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

That's pretty odd ... Can you post a snap a picture of each side for us?

Comment

i think mine is like this also, except i can't really tell if one is lower or not. i just notice that the rear passenger knocks WAY more the the drivers side.

Comment

maybe because the old shock is old and the new one is still fresh unlike the old one which is broken in. the old one will sag a bit as opposed to the new one which is strong
                    it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

I will post pictures of what i mean....

I guess it the old spring could be sagging more to cause control arm to sway upward 45 %'s...
                      I guess the new spring is letting the control arm come down to eye level.

you are right ABOUT KNOCKING NOISE once and a while..

I 'll be back to post more.... for now i have this

Last edited by 86accordlx; 05-26-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Have any ideas anyone ?? hears pic i drew ??

does this help. i can go and take pictures with digi camera and post them tomorrow to show waht it really looks like, jutss one control arm seems highter than the other ??
                        i known a sping habenn changed on the one side, the one that has at eye level, the controlarm looks okay, the other well,,,, it's at a 45 % angle, it now sagging at all.

the sping looks rusted thought.... could it be just old , not all spingy at new one ?

any idea ? How to i correct it ?

Comment

The most helpful thing in troubleshooting this would be some real pictures. That way we can see if something looks out-of-place or installed incorrectly.

Comment

Springs rarely wear out...Shocks wear out. I would let it settle for a bit longer and see what happens. As for your knocking does it happen whenever you go over a speed bump or something of that nature? If it is knocking like that then it COULD be your sway bar bushings I would look into that.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                            X