Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't Start

Ok I went through most of the trouble shooting guide, and for what I can figure out everything should be ok.

Sometimes my car wont start, it will click and try and turn over as long as I have the key turned but it wont turn over. If I try for 10 mins or so it will eventually start. What might be the problem? I have changed the sparkplugs and that helped for like a day.

How about the main relay?

Comment

Well the engine bay is immaculate in this car, every wire and harness is in perfect condition and there is no build up anywhere.

What normally is the problem so I can narrow down where to look? Just the starter?

edit: also did a compression test and got 150 150 150 150
      Last edited by SXM-Accord; 05-25-2006, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I had this same exact problem recently... it was the distributor

Comment

check the main relay... its that time of the year when the weathers getting warmer... this happened to my car.

when you turn the key on (not to start it, but just to the on postion) listen for the fuel pump priming, if you don't hear it, you know thats your problem.

Comment

yeah when i turn it on but not crank it, i can not hear the fuel pump turning on, so I'm assuming it was going out for a while and has finally crapped out. Is it under the back seat or in the trunk on these cars?

Comment

MR is underneath the dash driver side toward the fuse box.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im talking about where is the fuel pump

Comment

Why do you want to change the fuel pump? The main relay controls the fuel pump. You will benefit changing that since its cheaper and easier to get to.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah makes sense since the car starts every now and then, after about an hour it started, so we hurried it up to a local shop and had them check the main relay and the fuel pump.

Comment

Originally posted by SXM-Accord
                      yeah makes sense since the car starts every now and then, after about an hour it started, so we hurried it up to a local shop and had them check the main relay and the fuel pump.
                      Its not the fuel pump... its either the distributor or main relay. I went to an electrical shop and that is how I found out. The guy took out the main relay and it was fine. My car had the same exact problem. When it was cold it would have very ver hard starts where i'd have to stay on the key for like 2 minutes straight. Once it was warm it was fine.

Does your car throw the check engine light? Mine did, thats how we found out for sure. It showed 2 codes. Once the car was restarted teh light went away. and it was fine. You can go ahead and waste your time and money on the fuel pump but thats not your problem, I thought it was as well.

Comment

Yeah I know it's not the fuel pump now. I could get the fuel pump to turn on just by turning the key on and off a few times then it would start no problem.

Comment

it is your main relay.. what is happening is the jelly or silicon inside the main relay is getting cold and hot which also makes it expand and all that junk.. in turn not getting the full voltage and contact for your electrical system. I know this will sound funny but it might help.. it did a couple of times for me till the damn thing finally just gave out. ... take the main relay out and stick it in the freezer overnight. but if you that far you might just want to replace it .. i was short on funds at the time. It don't take but about 10-20 min to replace.. and when you do..don't bother bolting it back up just in case this happens again.. you can tuck it away behind the dash better. Hope this helps..

Originally posted by Devergote
                          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Supposedly you can resolder the relays inside to the main board and it will work like new, but it's only like $60-70 for a new one.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                            After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                            Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                            PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Yea ONLY 60-70. Resolder ther points inside it and it will be almost the same as new.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X