Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Water In the oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water In the oil

Ight I swaped an h22a into my 92 accord, it had some water in the oil before, probly from sitting there, changed it duing the swap and ran it and then changed it, and then changed it again later, theres still water in there (its all brownish bubbly and shit) I cant really tell if its coolant or just water mositure, I change the pcv valve, and I flushed the coolant, pressure tested the radiator and it would leak very slowly after I fix the other leaks but thats only at really high pressure, and now the coolant goes down just a little bit but i think thats cuz I flushed it and there is still air in the system (I did the bleeder and I havent really notice a big loss in coolant), or I have a blown head gasket, theres no white smoke coming out the exaust and there was no oil in the coolant. I havent done a compression test on the cylinders yet cuz I dont have the compresson tester to do so. So I was wondering if anyone has had the same thing as I do and if it just takes longer for the water to get out or something, doenst seem like the head gasket blew but its a possibility. Nothing is leaking or anything I checked, the oil pan is a little dented from the delivery but I dont think that would cause it, unless the water is sittin i the dented spots, but oil is thicker that water. Let me know what you guys think please.
    H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
    My Members Ride Check It Out

Compression test will tell you a lot. When i removed my oil pan there was this coffee lookin shit scared me at first. I think its what they use to flush out the motor or thats what the people said that sold me the motor. I tore off the VC and saw more but it wasnt excessive. Got me a rag and wiped it off it was kinda sticky so I guess its used to preserve the inside? After i did that resealed everything i compression tested and got 215 perfect all across the board. I never tore my engine in half just changed out all the seals. You prob just gotta let your car run on the reg oil for a while to wash it out. But your best bet right now if your worried is to compression test it that will tell you a whole lot more.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yep your exactly right, I just gotta get a hold of tester, shouldnt be a prob, im still losing some coolant though so its scaring me....damn

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!

Comment

Is there any other places were coolant can get into the oil, like bad seals?

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!

Comment

Cracked head/block, Head Gasket is bad and stuff like that. Thats all I can think of right now.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

nelson you must be bored as hell i see you in every post hahaha
            go out and look at some jdm cars or have you seen any yet..?

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
            nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
            nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
            nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
            AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
            AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
            AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
            nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
              nelson you must be bored as hell i see you in every post hahaha
              go out and look at some jdm cars or have you seen any yet..?
              Haha Im in Taiwan i dont go to Japan till mid next month lol. I did however see a couple of Cressidas, Chasers, and what looked like an r32 skyline in the lot while transferring from terminal 1 to terminal 2 @ Narita (airport in japan) for my flight here. Ill be sure to take some pics in JDM land when i get there =D. Plus i dont start work till next thurs. And I have no car lol dunno how to activate this security thing in my aunts house so I cant roam outside freely for a while but it looks like its gonna rain so I just stay in and terrorize the forum with my useless info

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Sounds like a blown headgasket. Water in the oil is usually a tell tale sign, and the fact that you did a pressure test on the cooling system and it slowly leaked down is a pretty good sign that the headgasket is the culprit. After all, if you fixed all of the leaks, and the system is still leaking pressure, the coolant has to be going somewhere.

Comment

i had the same problem and it ended up being a combination of bad vavle cover gasket set and a warped head.... if your lucky it could just be the seals... check to see if theres oil gettin in the spark plug tubes...thats usually another sign. it could just be the headgasket though
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
                  X