Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

exhaust leak any danger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust leak any danger?

hey guys i was driving around casually one day and my stock exhaust all of a sudden fell down. it dragged on the ground for a bit until i stopped to look at it.
    well now i have an exhaust leak in my system

seems like its broken. im wondering if it poses any danger

also the hooks to hang the exhaust from no longer seems like it fits. i try to attach it again but i cant seem to stretch it close enough to hook it back on. and the exhaust is hanging to a side

1992 EX 5 spd
    bone stock engine with an exhaust leak from a dropped exhaust

As long as the leak is after the o2 sensor you should be good. If its before your car is going to run like shit and gonna be loud.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

its after the cat so im good rite
      yea its pretty loud rite now... sounds like i have aftermarket exhaust+intake
      but im wondering if it makes me lose some MPG becuz i heard it does.

is it more worth it to spend on a new ebay catback system or juss fix my stock one?
      1992 EX 5 spd
      bone stock engine with an exhaust leak from a dropped exhaust

Comment

Well if you want to buy an aftermarket exhaust you can. I mean its gonna dump through the closest hole anyway. Shouldnt hinder gas mileage didnt on mine and mines after the cat also. If its before on the other hand yea it will kill your gas mileage. Got like 280 to a tank when mine was leaking on the downpipe.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Use a flat screwdrive to re attach the hangers. Its suppose to be a little tough to put them on if not then your exhaust would dangle like the balls between your legs. LOL
          WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

WD-40 helps it get on too.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
            X