Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wont start??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont start??

i swapped over a f22a4 into my a1 about a month ago and when it was all done my car would crank over but wont start so the dude that was helping me said there was no spark and all i had to do was get a new distributor so i bought the new dizzy and same thing nothing changed so i ended up having my car towed to a shop to get some diagnostics and they told me that my computer was bad and there was no signal to the fuel injectors and it would cost $150-$200 just to check over all the grounds and wiring, so should i have the shop take a look at everything or just buy myself another comp

check over everything yourself first. only use the shop as a last resort. they want to charge so much probably for a 5 minute fix. check EVERYTHING yourself before you have to spend the extra money.

Comment

I think f22a1 runs a diff ECU from the a4. I could be wrong. But check your wiring.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I think your thinking of the a6.
        You throwin a cel?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
          I think your thinking of the a6.
          You throwin a cel?
          nah

Comment

sounds like the EXACT same problem I got. I have no spark, and I'm all of a sudden not pumping fuel either

Comment

how long did your car sit mine did that one time. no mtter what i did it wouldnt start..changed all that shit check a bunch of stuff..turned out it had sat for a whike and when i tried to start it the fuel filter clogged and blocked the gas...changed it and it crunk rite up...not saying thats your problem but its a possibility.........later!

Comment

thats for the idea, I'll have to take it off and turn the key on and see what happens cause its been sitting for about a month. but I still need to see why I have no spark, cause it was there before I did my head swap, now that I got the head back on there, I cheacked to make sure before everything else was hooked up, nothing

Comment

Originally posted by pyro_maniac69
                  my head swap, now that I got the head back on there, nothing
                  not doggin yo man but you didnt bend any valves in the head did ya...eason im not doggin ya is cause i did just that this week in my crx and i bent every valve in the bastard...check your valve clearance...never mind you siad you had park trouble..ummm...coil bad?? sound slike a ground though...i dont know man i just know i need to find a head for a ew/d15a3 block and quick...later. check all fuses and relays...

Comment

Are your injectors even hooked up right? They run the resistor box like every other car?

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

that toward me or the other guy? If its towards me, I don't have the line hooked up to the injectors, just been turning it on and nothing has been coming out

Comment

Working...
                      X