Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Limp Mode? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limp Mode? Please help

I have an h22 swapped accord and when i get on it, the car won't go past 6500. It cuts off hard, worst than what it would if i hit rev limiter. I have no codes, and the car does go into vtec. I'm out of ideas, i dont know where to start. Please help.

Originally posted by hamgumball
    I have an h22 swapped accord and when i get on it, the car won't go past 6500. It cuts off hard, worst than what it would if i hit rev limiter. I have no codes, and the car does go into vtec. I'm out of ideas, i dont know where to start. Please help.
    Are u using the Prelude P13 ecu? If it cuts out really hard it seems like it's not getting enough fuel or something when it gets into that high range... 6500 sounds like the Accords redline, if ur using the accord ecu still, it's running your engine way too lean for it.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Oh...I just remembered, well this is a issue I had with my accord b4 it was swapped as far as "limp mode goes" I had a tank 75% filled with regular 87 octane gas and just filled the rest with 91 b4 I took it to the shop for the engine swap. My engine ran just fine...but when I got into v-tec territory it sorta ran like crap and the v-tec was so silent like it wasn't even there. After I burned all that fuel and put a fresh full load of 91 octane gas, the limp mode went away. This is the only other thing I can think of if your not pulling any codes.... goodluck hopefully someone can direct u with other ideas
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

No, running the p13. I've tried the stock one and the chipped one, same problem. Oh and BTW the problem is intermittent. It runs perfect sometimes but most of the time it cuts out.

Comment

When do you have problems with it? When you drive with it for a while or what? Check for CEL. You sure everything is hooked up properly and such? Reset the ECU and see what happens.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
            Oh...I just remembered, well this is a issue I had with my accord b4 it was swapped as far as "limp mode goes" I had a tank 75% filled with regular 87 octane gas and just filled the rest with 91 b4 I took it to the shop for the engine swap. My engine ran just fine...but when I got into v-tec territory it sorta ran like crap and the v-tec was so silent like it wasn't even there. After I burned all that fuel and put a fresh full load of 91 octane gas, the limp mode went away. This is the only other thing I can think of if your not pulling any codes.... goodluck hopefully someone can direct u with other ideas
            So the car will not go into vtec if you dont have 91 octane?

Originally posted by NAiL05
            When do you have problems with it? When you drive with it for a while or what? Check for CEL. You sure everything is hooked up properly and such? Reset the ECU and see what happens.
            It happens a lot of the time. Not just when i drive it for a while. But i make sure the car is warmed up first. No cel's. Knock sensor cel comes on and off. I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up properly. But where should i start checking first, what sensor's miswired that would make the car run like this?

Comment

If your KS comes on and off that could be hindering your performance by retarding your timing too much.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So the car will not go into vtec if you dont have 91 octane?

It happens a lot of the time. Not just when i drive it for a while. But i make sure the car is warmed up first. No cel's. Knock sensor cel comes on and off. I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up properly. But where should i start checking first, what sensor's miswired that would make the car run like this?
                No my car went into v-tec but the v-tec wasn't as hard and it didn't feel right. I had like a little over 3/4 tank of low 87 octane mixed with 91 at the time. If you don't run the right fuel (I doubt your doing this) your H22 will go into limp mode.

Here is another msg board with a guy with the similar problems. Read the posts it might help you out..

http://dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82142
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

dude where can i get one of those magic cards i need one for my summoning deck lol

Comment

Well, while i'm driving, i can hear the main relay click on and off and the car will hiccup everytime it does that.

Comment

The main relay doesnt click does it? You just hear your fuel pump prime.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        The main relay doesnt click does it? You just hear your fuel pump prime.
                        hmmm, whatever it is, it's clicking right underneath the dash.

Comment

hmmm, whatever it is, it's clicking right underneath the dash.
                          INterestingf i would check around where its clicking. Do you feel a hesitation when you try to accelerate? Sorry kinda drunk lol

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
                            dude where can i get one of those magic cards i need one for my summoning deck lol

707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

damn where mines lol

Comment

Working...
                              X