Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuel Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Questions

Ive noticed on my dad's CB9, that when the gas is low, the engine is rather reluctant to start, and has to crank for waaay longer than it does normally.

Also, when I fill the tank up (completely full) I can smell gasoline fumes....yes, I have left the gas station...The smell hangs around until I'm done taking the car out for a quick spin, like 20 minutes or so. This only happens when the tank has just been completely filled, other than that, there's no gasoline smell.

Any ideas? Cause my CB7 never smells like gasoline after I fill 'er up, and it usually starts pretty good even when I'm low on gas.

Thanks for any input!
    1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Ummm no check engine lights? Is it reluctant to start in warmer weather?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Definitely not throwing and CELs at me.

As for the weather( / engine temp?) , the car starts great (better than my CB7) all of the time, except when the gas is low.

My two questions don't seem to logically relate to each other, but they both invlove tank levels and stuff so I figured I'd post them together.

Any other ideas?
      .....Don't be shy!

Comment

My wagon doesnt like to start when its low on gas. I have always wondered that myself and im glad you brung that up. And the gas smell would be gas evaporating either through the cap or some kind of vent down there. Its like I have been told before not to completely top off your fuel because it will evaporate out and therefore you are wasting money.

Comment

Personally i want to say the EVAP system but that would cause a CEL i would think. Check around the injectors and such to see if its leaking. Does the car run fine after you start it other than the gas smell? Doesnt hesitate or anything?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No hesitation. I fill it up, drive off, and the car runs great. But the gas smell lingers...hmmm

Comment

Working...
            X