Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short Ram intake (or CAI) for 93 EX Wagon with ABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Ram intake (or CAI) for 93 EX Wagon with ABS

I haven't been able to find anything. Everything is for non-ABS.. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
    2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

ummmm i could be way off but i wouldnt think that intakes have much to do with abs..when i looked for mine(before i made it custom) nothing was specific to abs or not just year and trim.

Comment

If you get too caught up with what people at Autozone... or the internet sales people are telling you something: USE common sense.
      You see... the intake takes air into the engine... the only way the engine is tied to the brakes is the boosters pumps which are powered by the engine. There is no such thing as a nonABS or ABS intake.
      Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Alright, thanks for clarifing that.

What about the BOMZ CAI or SRI intakes. I know they're cheap and all, but I'm not looking into putting much money into it. I'd just like a intake. Has anyone gotten one? How did they fit? What vaccum hoses went where, and did you have to plug any nipples on the intake itself (they're bad from what I've experienced so far for putting unessacary ones on it).

BTW, the ABS and non ABS thing. I didn't know if the pipe would hit the ABS resivoir or what...

Comment

I actually have a Bomz CAI that I just turned into a SRI and put a K&N Filter on the end. It sounds sick... yo will get a lot of crap for buying e-bay brand stuff... but whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
            I actually have a Bomz CAI that I just turned into a SRI and put a K&N Filter on the end. It sounds sick... yo will get a lot of crap for buying e-bay brand stuff... but whatever!
            Ditto, im buying my CAI off Ebay, then probably just getting a K&N filter at my discrection because the pipe is pipe, the rubber boots are rubber boots, and the hoses are hoses

PS-well not really, these oculd be cheaper and thinner, thus letting more heat dissipation

but still for like $30 overall shipped to your door
            My Cardomain-Invite me!

Comment

wow an entire thread of people who think an intake has nothing to do with abs, what has this site come to. lets see how long it takes before someone realizes why they make em for non abs and abs models.

Comment

I have an AEM CAI. It came with my car. If I were buying an intake I would just get whatever brand, matched with a K&N filter, which is what I have on my AEM CAI.

Edit:
                Just get something like this:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...66467960QQrdZ1

The beauty of that is the pipes are in 2 sections so you can convert to SRI in bad weather/winter easily. My AEM is one piece, so I can't do that, unless I cut it to make room for a bypass valve.
                Last edited by The G-Man; 05-17-2006, 10:07 PM.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Why don't you inform us then? That's why we are all in the Noob section with this one. But, as far as I know, there is no difference. My car has ABS and when I bought my CAI off E-Bay I didn't get one that says its for a car with ABS... so... let us know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
                    Why don't you inform us then? That's why we are all in the Noob section with this one. But, as far as I know, there is no difference. My car has ABS and when I bought my CAI off E-Bay I didn't get one that says its for a car with ABS... so... let us know the difference.
                    the ones that are made for abs models are just a bit shorter near the throttle body than the other ones. i have a pic somewhere of the 2 of them out of the car and together.

this is what it will do when u have a non abs intake in an abs equipped accord, sometimes u will get lucky tho.

it punched a hole right through the intake tube

Comment

AH HA! Thank you very much for clarifying that.

If that's the only change though, I can cut or grind the pipe down with no problems.

Comment

I have same problem with AEM Short ram intake.
                        I even try to cover up the damage with sound proof material, and it didn't help.
                        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

mine does that too so i went a size down, and put a piece of metal on the back end

Comment

Lunacy!

I can't, for the life of me, understand why more people dont just doTHIS if they want a SRI.

It's practically free.
                            Air Filter - $25
                            3 Paint cans (incase I screwed up...which I did) - $2.xx
                            Car stereo backstrap (Cut with...a drill press ) - $2
                            Large hoseclamp found lurking in basement - $???

Cost for me was waaaayyy low cause I gots a cheap arse filter, but you can get a K&N and spend like $30+ more.
                            1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

What about the idea of using the stock piping plus a can to attach the filter to the OEM hose?

Comment

Working...
                              X