Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Butying new tires. What should I consider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butying new tires. What should I consider?

Need new tires. I am on a 300-400 budget. I seen the General UHP's and I have read reviews, I'm hearing and readung nothin but positives. Are Generals manufactured by a mother or father company such as Michelin,Yokohama,etc......I know Goodyear makes Kelley, which you don't hear about much but I have read good reviews on that as well. Scorchers are garbage tires, never get them. I am highly dissapointed. Anyway, I have 17's and toss me some good prices. Thanks.

toyo or kumho tires i hear are good on miles

Comment

Kumho's are good

Originally posted by whatever210
      toyo or kumho tires i hear are good on miles
      I agree on both. I've seen alot of guys run the toyo's with good results. I have personal experience with Kumho Ecsta 711's and Ecsta Supra 712's, both where excellent in corning, stickiness, and wear... Now if you live in colder climates these are summer only tires and I can vouch for that...heheheh
      I've always purchased from www.tirerack.com here is the link to the tires, they have other products as well... hope this helps.
      All Kumho tires:
      http://www.tirerack.com/tires/kumho/kumho.jsp
      Supra 712:
      http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....CSTA+Supra+712
      Ecsta 711:
      http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=ECSTA+711

91 Se
      Central Texas

Comment

Falkens are good and well worth their price. If you want an affordable tire that performs, you can't go wrong with Falken GR-Betas 451.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Word.

Originally posted by LinX
          Falkens are good and well worth their price. If you want an affordable tire that performs, you can't go wrong with Falken GR-Betas 451.
          Falkens are awesome.

My dad has Falken ZE-512 tires on his CB9. Those things are great. They have tons of grip, have a sweet ride, and stop great, especially for braking in the rain. Which is more than an afterthought if you live on the West Coast. They're what I'm buying once I get some scratch.

Speaking of which, you will want to consider things like what the weather is like in your area. If it's dry 99.99% of the time, you don't need to worry about things like hydroplanning, wet braking, etc. But if you do get a decent amount of rain, then make sure you get something that'll be there for you on that one dark, rainy night when some idiot wearing black runs out infront of you.
          1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

I have Falken ZE-512. I like them, they are a hard rubber and will last for a long time.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Word.....again

Originally posted by The G-Man
              I have Falken ZE-512. I like them, they are a hard rubber and will last for a long time.
              1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

What do you want tires for? Do you want some slicks? Autocross slicks? Passanger tires? Summer tires? Snow tires? You gotta be more specific please.

For MYSELF I like my Kuhmo ASX because they have a great tread life. For autox the tire to have is the Falken Azenis.

17's? 215/40 is a good size. Probably guess to spend about $85-110 a corner, plus mounting.

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

BFG g-Force..anyone who has them can vouch for them...the stickiest tires i've ever seen..plus the cornering grip, and grip on wet roads..ah, its great...ask anyone who has them..they are worth the money you spend!!

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    BFG g-Force..anyone who has them can vouch for them...the stickiest tires i've ever seen..plus the cornering grip, and grip on wet roads..ah, its great...ask anyone who has them..they are worth the money you spend!!
                    I love the look of that tread pattern.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

nitto neo gens
                      Formerly: sheisanonymous

Comment

BFG Traction TA for all season and light race use
                        BFG Geforce TA for summer/heavier track use
                        Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                        ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Working...
                        X