Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help wit my tire rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help wit my tire rub

hi guys im new here.
    i have a 92 accord ex 5 speed
    anyways on to the problem

the rear control arms are rubbing on my tires everytime i have lots of people in my car (or fat ppl). they rub wen i turn right or left onto driveways with deep slopes and i am getting annoyed with this. my car is stock and i noticed that the arms are really close to my rear tires. im wondering if its supposed to be like this.
    thanks
    1992 EX 5 spd
    bone stock engine with an exhaust leak from a dropped exhaust

the wheels and tires are stock sizes??

Comment

wow thanks for a quick reply. no the tires are not stock. i have 17 inch rims on them
      1992 EX 5 spd

Comment

17 inch rims on those tires huh?

so u have 17s and what size tires? 45's? details please

Comment

are you talkin about the width? im pretty noob sorry
          well the width is 215's. isnt that stock width
          1992 EX 5 spd

Comment

nope stock is in the 190s i think. im talking about the height of the tire. its the second number in ur tire code thingy

Comment

umm, the control arms cant rub on the tire..the tire cant change shape that much i dont think..the arm moves with the tire..most likely..its the outer edge of the tire rubbing on the inside upper edge of the rear inner fender..mine used to do the same thing.. 215/40-18 on 7.5" wide wheels with a +42mm offset..rubbed pretty bad at first, but i got spring spacers in the rear, and that makes my car site perfectly level and now it wont rub..

Comment

i dont noe... last time i had 5 people in my car, the tires rubbed like crazy on something, and since the arms are so close to the tires, im guessin that its rubbing on them. with no people in the car. i checked the gap between the tire and arms and its like a few centimeters.
                1992 EX 5 spd

Comment

Is the suspension completely stock aside from your 17's? The tires shouldnt rub if it is unless you have thick tires but even then... Theres a possibility your shocks or springs arent working the way they're supposed to. Double check these as well. I have 17's and the car is dropped and I carry the trunk packed with groceries and 3 people including me when im driving and it still doesnt rub.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

tire could be rubbing against the fenderwell..

Comment

If you have 215's on there, and 17" rims, it will rub with five people in the car. With no body in the car, it shouldn't rub. If the stock springs are on there, they could be worn down. Have you replaced the springs?
                      I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Comment

dude, i have 18s...as said above..mine rub on the fender..
                        and again, the tire moves with the fuckin' upper control arm..it doesnt move around it, all the links move with the wheel and tire..thats not what's rubbing unless something is seriously fucked up from an accident..

Comment

i agree with nathan... i'm running a 225/40/R18 tire in back... and it rubbed crazy when if irst got it... cut out the lip of the inner rear fender... and voila now i'm tucking tire...

try rolling your fenders

Comment

ill try 2 take a picture to see whats the problem and that u guys can help me with. im new to my cb7 and i dont really noe wat the parts r called on my car so plz bear with me.
                            1992 EX 5 spd

Comment

heres some pictures of my rear

doesnt that seem a bit close?

tire size
                              1992 EX 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                              X