Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cam Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Replacement

hey guys i searched a bit on google an all but didnt have much time and couldnt find it but it looks like my cams are worn on the 3rd cylinder and i dun have the money to replace em... i do have the cams i just wasnt sure if i wanted to do it myself but i dun have much of a choice so i was wondering if there was any diy's on this cause i couldnt find any or if any of you guys have replaced cams in an H22 before is it difficult? i was also gonna pick up a manual for it, i read that helms is the best but i cant find it in stores, is haynes bad? any help is appreciated as im kinda nervous doing something like this to my daily...
    But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

haynes is good but there are better. If you are nervous than you are better bringing it into a shop and having someone with experience do it. If you want to learn but maybe mess something up than d.i.y. Its the only way to learn.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

is it hard to do though? The only thing that really bugs me is the timing and adjusting the valves but i think i found a good way to mark timing and i did find a diy on valve adjustment so i just have that little timing fear, i'm actually thinking about doing a diy on it and post it here but i dont know if noobs can post diy's
      But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

Comment

You're not considered a noob anymore since u have 57 posts.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I still thing H22 cams are easier to change then F22 cams. More bolts, but less crowded
          Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

i got a chilton, its decent it tells me what i need to know, after going over it it doesnt seem overly hard or anything

Comment

Originally posted by lazyAE86
              hey guys i searched a bit on google an all but didnt have much time and couldnt find it but it looks like my cams are worn on the 3rd cylinder and i dun have the money to replace em... i do have the cams i just wasnt sure if i wanted to do it myself but i dun have much of a choice so i was wondering if there was any diy's on this cause i couldnt find any or if any of you guys have replaced cams in an H22 before is it difficult? i was also gonna pick up a manual for it, i read that helms is the best but i cant find it in stores, is haynes bad? any help is appreciated as im kinda nervous doing something like this to my daily...
              take off valve cover...
              take off cam holder plates
              take of cam holders
              take off camgear
              slide off timing belt
              align new cam
              lube it good
              install cam gear
              install timing belt
              install caps and plates
              do a valve adj.
              put valve cover on
              turn car to on wait for fuel pressure and Start CAr!!!!!

Comment

about the best advice on the timing belt would be to take some fingernail polish, and put some on the cam AND timing belt on about 3 teeth, then when your going to put your cam back in, you line it up and the timing is all set

Comment

Originally posted by pyro_maniac69
                  about the best advice on the timing belt would be to take some fingernail polish, and put some on the cam AND timing belt on about 3 teeth, then when your going to put your cam back in, you line it up and the timing is all set
                  That's what's up. I have the Haynes...and no plates...I might be trying this this weekend.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If your cam lobes are worn, I'd be checking the rocker arms as well for wear. You might have to replace them as well.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Hey guys,

When I get my AEM camgear, and I'm installing it with my Delta, can I still use this trick with the finger nail polish? I assume the AEM won't come set at the right specs or something. Imput?

- Zipcreature
                      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Yes I would agree, sometimes you can do more long term damage replacing one part rather than doing it correctly and replacing all the parts so they can wear correctly.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                        X