Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b1 motor swap problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b1 motor swap problems

I have a 95 f22b1 I swapped into my 92 accord 5 speed I have a problem with a miss between 2,000 to 2,800rpms It sounds like a dead miss also. The only thing i did not swap on my motor was the distributor and wire up the fuel injector air solenoid. Does it need to be wired up for the car to run properly. Vtec works till i drive for awhile about 30 mis or so.

Does the dristributor from a 92 not work on the vtec motor will it cause a miss what is different between the two.

Also I swapped ecu's and swapped the egr and o2 wires also. My check engine light used to work before the swap now the light never comes on even when I turn on the ignition on. How do you tell if the ecu is faulty I got it off ebay? Bought from gosnell used auto parts may be a lemon.

maybe your issue is vtec related, since it engages about where you are getting the miss.....on those engines, vtec is ONLY for fuel economy, not meant to give you more power up top but better gas mileage during hard acceleration vs. one cam profile.....it engages low though, somewhere around 2500rpm so maybe that's your issue
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

how do i fix the problem with vtec with the low rpm vibration and what about the distributor question
      Last edited by 92f22b1accord; 05-07-2006, 11:02 PM. Reason: need to add more info

Comment

You replace the plugs/wires/cap/rotor when you changed over to the new dizzy? And if your check engine light doesnt work it could be something as simple as your bulb burnt out. By the sound of it most of it is working so i would rule out the ECU.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I still have the 92 distributor I did not change it out when I put the motor in the car. Does the f22b1 have a top speed of 110 it seems like it should be higher
          Last edited by 92f22b1accord; 05-07-2006, 11:19 PM. Reason: change wording

Comment

Originally posted by 92f22b1accord
            I still have the 92 distributor I did not change it out when I put the motor in the car. Does the f22b1 have a top speed of 110 it seems like it should be higher
            ecu related
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

what is the f22b1 top speed because my rev limiter kicks in at 6200 rpms

Comment

real power

does anyone know the f22b1 vtec top speed my govenor stops at 110 mph that seems low to me
                Last edited by 92f22b1accord; 05-10-2006, 01:46 AM. Reason: re-word

Comment

That seems about right. What reason do you have to go beyond 80mph, let alone 110? If you want the speed limiter removed, you need a custom ECU. The speed limiter has nothing to do w/ VTEC.
                  I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X