Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 Accord EX Sedan engine mount and electrical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 Accord EX Sedan engine mount and electrical issue

I was looking around for a manual accord and I find this tortured '90 ex sedan which strangely isnt new to cb7tuner (has stickers right on the windows)

Test driving it I showed no mercy, I got in and tried to pull off and i stalled it due to the fact that I didnt realise it had a twin-plate clutch and a tranny out of this cb7's world. So I go for a second round and pull off like a madman then literally drift around an oval dead end, to come back the way I came from, only to then slam on the brake and clutch all while scaring the shit out of the seller.

The car didn't handle bad on the highway either. I managed to ridicule a tuned up 96-98ish(?) integra all while having to keep correcting the steering during wide turns.

I got home and tried to get into my driveway. The car was so low I had to drive in angled so I wouldn't crush the muffler. On top of all this one of my tires managed to catch a nail and was so worn the metal was sticking out the inside wall

I figured ehh what the hell its a 16 year old car......its got issues.

Then I popped the hood and thoroughly went over the engine, the passenger side engine mount is just bouncing around freely (although still poorly attached to the chassis) and looks as if the bolts sheared off on the block , it would be nice if anyone could help me with this part...

Then i could see the head was poorly rebuilt, the oil being black and very low, first cylinder plug boot plagued with oil, boots not sitting well on distributor cap, stiffening bar not tightened properly, the clutch/tranny slowly eating fluid, the drivers side front rotor eaten unevenly, the electrical wiring being a nightmare.

The interior isnt so bad but the speedometer doesnt work. The car was originally auto but swapped to a 5 speed tranny (have no clue where the tranny came from but it has close gears) and you can pull off shifts that you wouldnt even be able to imagine with a stock tranny (im getting at the fact that it seems to have a lightweight flywheel and racing clutch). The shifter is short and precise although 5th gear and reverse are heavy. I oiled it up a little and its much better now.

The car has one of those adjustable coilovers probably from ebay and steel 15 inch rims with all different style tires but same sizes.

There is rust on both rear quaterpanels and the trunk leaks due to faulty weatherstripping of rear trunklights (already got that covered). Right now my trunk is pretty much baremetal with some rust on top but not eating through it.

So after writing all that my simple questions are what the hell do i do about the engine mount? and my car doesnt start anymore, could it be the battery doesnt have enough power to crank (although all electronics seem to work fine) my starters dead? or maybe my alarm has an ignition kill switch?

Pretty much i turn the key all the way to start it and nothing happens, all the elctronics work the radiator fan starts up and the dash lights up but nothing special in particular.

ill have some pictures soon but in case someone here knows this car its a faded maroon 4 door ex with black hood, big black front lip and racing industried exhaust3

EDIT: Im planning to spend 6-8k on this car so engine swap is planned in the future but is it worth fixing it up for cheap now for light driving during weekends?
    Last edited by Physalis; 04-28-2006, 02:25 AM.

Haha, I think I'd kill somebody if they test-drove my vehicle like that ..

Oil loss, oil on the plug boot (did this come through the plug port, or externally?), broken motor mount ... Are you sure YOU didn't kill the engine during your adventure?

Also, I don't think the radiator fan comes on unless the engine is getting too hot (not 100% on this, but that's how most cars function). Was it overheated?

Comment

Nope car was pretty much like this, it has 165k but probly rolled back or sumthing since i found it in the projects. Before it used to start with some backfiring (in dire need of an oil change probly), it would stall at startup sometimes unless i added some throttle. I just have no clue what the hell is going on with this car

Oh the oil is splashing on to the plug so the whole plug boot is oily
      When i try to start the car nothing happens and i let go while its in the ON position then the fans come on
      Last edited by Physalis; 04-28-2006, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Ok turns out my starters screwed so im gonna get a new motor (no of course not cuz my starter died but because my f22a4 is....pretty much f***ed, i feel like putting in an f20b (i found one at hmotorsonline) longblock, but the problem is how much extra stuff do I have to do with that kind of swap and what else do i need to get that doesnt come with the longblock, will this even bolt up with my "rare" tranny?

Comment

Working...
        X