Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cheap coilovers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap coilovers??

Ok,I got a set of ebay coilovers on my 90cb,u think if I put a set of good name brand shocks on it will it ride better?cause it bounces like shit now.

Car audio classifieds...
    http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
    Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

not much better because the coil rates pretty much suck. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

The rates aren't always that bad...but they're not made with any kind of quality standards, and odds are they'll sag. They were dirt cheap anyway; you might as well buy some real lowering springs or call Hypercoil and ask them to recommend rates for you to get for the shocks you want.

Ebay coils wouldn't be so bad if they were made with specific spring rates and quality sleeves. But that would make them expensive.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Buy Waynes Neuspeeds!
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          The rates aren't always that bad...but they're not made with any kind of quality standards, and odds are they'll sag. They were dirt cheap anyway; you might as well buy some real lowering springs or call Hypercoil and ask them to recommend rates for you to get for the shocks you want.

Ebay coils wouldn't be so bad if they were made with specific spring rates and quality sleeves. But that would make them expensive.
          I agree.
          I bought ebay coilovers and noticed how crappy the quality was. The paint was already chipping off the spring and the inner sleeves felt like i could bend them myself...also, it looked like it was prone to rust...

save some money, get Nuespeeds sport springs and you cant go wrong!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
          1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

my ebay coilovers are just fine had them for about a year, get some good shocks and ur fine

Comment

My friend bought dropzones from ebay and dropped em on his stock shocks....Yea the car was lower but the ride quality still sucked ass like a mother fucker.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

not worth it just spend an extra 150 and buy a pair of h & r springs

Comment

Anytime you switch to coilovers that drop You more than an inch you should go ahead and get shock/struts to match or your ride will suk.E-Bay does have some great prices on some things, but I stick to just buying the smaller stuff from them or hard to finds.

Comment

Originally posted by blackoutt
                    Ok,I got a set of ebay coilovers on my 90cb,u think if I put a set of good name brand shocks on it will it ride better?cause it bounces like shit now.
                    better off running cut springs...

Comment

just don't cheap out on suspension because it will take the joy out of driving your car. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

DO NOT BUY EGAY SHIT!!!!!! You will regret it.
                        Last edited by Cletus Vandamn; 04-30-2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

These are the words of another person...
                          cheap, reliable, performance....you can only choose 2 of the 3
                          I think that is how it goes or something....on a similar note, I bought coil overs off ebay about 3 years ago and slapped them on my stock shocks needless to say after 3 years with the car slammed, the ride quality is less than poor. Lesson learned.

Comment

Working...
                          X