Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a or F20b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a or F20b

Is the f20b a dohc vtec? if it is, then arent both it and the h22's dohc vtec with 190hp? whats the diff between the two..why get one instead of the other? is it mounting positions, bolt-in factors..??

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Yea..theyre both dohc vtec...the only diff is the f20b is lesser torque and displacement but a higher compression. So is it mounting issues or what???

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

1. Displacement is different
      2. F20B is OBD2
      3. USDM H22A 190, JDM h22A has 200, F20B has 200? or something like that, JDM H22A Type S has like 220, and the euro R H22A7? i think has like 220 also i think.
      4. SHould be the same bolt in
      5. F20B compression Ratio is different

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok..compression rate for the f20 is like 11.0:1 and the h22 is i think 10.6:1...so will those tiny differences in numbers mean alot in the long run or what?? if theyre both about equal then i may have truly found myself in a quandry...

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=h22a+f20b

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=h22a+f20b
          Last edited by f22a4accord; 04-20-2006, 06:32 PM.

Comment

thanks! i thought i remember reading that...i wanna be different and save $$ as well, but like most ppl said the h22 may be over played but i think its the safest way to go...thanks man. its just the $$ issue that made me think

Comment

I have A F20B and "I LOVE MY F20B" the only thing diff is the drivers side mount braket is diff so you have to use a H22 mount braket

Comment

I would just go with the h22 the basemodel. Trust me on this and youll have more torque than the f20. Remember hondas lack torque and horsepower the horsepower and torque you want to get as much as you can reliably and safely. The f20b isnt worth it I mean sure it has higher compression its slightly rare but....I would just go with the base atleast you get more toque to lug around especially in our chasis we are gonna need all the torque and power we can get.

Comment

^^ h22 type-s ^^

Better quality then normal h22, more power, and its got a shiny red valve cover.

f20s spin up faster, are lighter, and are typically better for race track applications. For street use they are like most other Honda engines; torque lacking.

IMO, with my 2 door I would buy an f20 and do a super amazing NA build, if I had a 4 door or a wag I'd do an h22 type S. Just my .02c.

Comment

for the $4000 price tag, that extra 20hp can easily be had on an h22a that costs only $2500

Comment

$4000 pricetag>???? hmm thats odd my type s didnt cost me $4000 and i didn get it with the tranny but i got it with the ecu and everything for 1,500 without the tranny. I would have costed 3,00 for the whole type s swap but i didnt need the tranny. T hose 20 extra horses was it for me

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        $4000 pricetag>???? hmm thats odd my type s didnt cost me $4000 and i didn get it with the tranny but i got it with the ecu and everything for 1,500 without the tranny. I would have costed 3,00 for the whole type s swap but i didnt need the tranny. T hose 20 extra horses was it for me

that's possible (unlikely, but deals pop up all over, they shouldn't be expected though), but how are you sure you have a type s?

there should be tons of differences, different head stamps, different oem header, etc..........did you check that out or what

mainly curious, i like those motors, but there are a lot of fakes just like the f20b gets passed off as a manual f20b (auto f20b has 180hp)

Comment

well, i got a place here in town thatll do a complete h22 swap, p/l for $3000. The guy told me the engine would cost like 2200 and the labor woul dbe 800..im thinking i get the motor off hmotorsonline.com and take it to them and just have them do the labor, but then it wouldnt be covered under their warranties and they may charge for any extra parts i dont have...

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                            well, i got a place here in town thatll do a complete h22 swap, p/l for $3000. The guy told me the engine would cost like 2200 and the labor woul dbe 800..im thinking i get the motor off hmotorsonline.com and take it to them and just have them do the labor, but then it wouldnt be covered under their warranties and they may charge for any extra parts i dont have...
                            Order the motor from HMO install the seals and random stuff you know HOW to install yourself then tell them to install.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well, seals and shit are cheap, I'm talking like wiring harnesses and any misc. parts they may need that they cant use form my cb or that i didnt get with the motor...

Comment

Working...
                              X