Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New to the site... need some ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the site... need some ideas?

Well I have been a honda owner since I was 16... had many CB7s EGs and EKs... Well here is the thing.... I never done a boosted honda. I have done a h22 swap in a cb7 and done B motors in EKs and EGs...

Well what I would like to ask is should I do anther h22 or even a h23.... or boost the F22... Also I head people doing something like a F22 block with a H22 or H23 head and then boost...

Well guess what I am asking is what is the best move for the dollor... I what the best bang for the buck... What you guys think....

Oh by the way new to the site and really hope you guys can help me get my CB7 back up to par...

93 CB7 Accord: nuthing specail I/H/E
    2002 Nissan B15 spec V: VQ35DE swap I/H/E... 100 shot
    90 Nissan Z32 300ZX TT: Hmmm let say stock
    My money maker: 12volt Audio and Video Installer

depends, f22/h22 hybrids are possible, f22/h23 hybrids are possible, all depends on what you want and how much knowledge you have
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Yeah that is what I need some ideas about... I would love to hear more about the f22/h22 or f22/h23 so I may try that and learn more about it

Comment

mmm direct headswap, search the performance tech section, theres 2 writeups i think. f22/h22 is harder, shadetreecustoms did it though. Boost is always a plus in my book
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Boost is always more fun in my book.
          Rolled Out 93 Coupe

Comment

Yeah see I never owned a boosted Honda... So I thought about building a boosted F22.. but I heard about the F22/H22 vert... and heard people boosted that... it sound kind fun in my book....lol

Comment

Its your money, but I think boost would be more bang for your buck... The h22 is good for a n/a beast...
              (\__/)
              (O.o )
              (> < ) This is Bunny. He will eat your face.

Comment

So How much normally do people spend on a boosted f22 and then compair to a f22/h23 or what not...

Comment

why dont you boost an h22? dont waste your time on a f22a.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
                  cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

Yeah you might be right but I am trying to see the issue of cost... I mean if I already have what I need to do a F22 and just get a Head and what is needed then boost that then why not.... But around here in Texas, well out in the country, I am looking to spend about 9k on a boosted H22... Trying to see if it's cheap doing something else... I even thought about just boosting the F22

Comment

Sorry to Hijack the thread but...

Say you had an F22a1 and you boosted it as it was... Would there be any EXTRA steps if you put on the H23 head later, that you wouldn't have to do with F22, or does everything "line up"?

Comment

See... that is what I am trying to find out... I heard that it can be done. So I thought I get on here and find out... I mean I have digged thew a few sites and threds and still kinda lost you know...

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tunerguy
                          why dont you boost an h22? dont waste your time on a f22a.
                          why dont you just frank and boost what you already have? dont waste your money on the h22

Comment

Do you really think so... what kind of power are we talking about out of a boosted F22

Comment

They say 200hp I'm not sure if thats at the wheel or not. [http://home.comcast.net/~ndd3d/TurboInstall.pdf] gives you a good idea of what you need and can expect and yes the H23 head swap is a direct swap. Check out the 140hp f22a thread its on the top 10 in the beginners tech forum.It covers alot of this. Good luck I'm doing the same thing. Like to see pics and story when done

Comment

Working...
                              X