Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

K20A2....what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20A2....what do you guys think?

I know it's not exactly bolt-in like the h22's we love, but don't those bad boys dish out like 220+ ??? And since some of us, myself included, have sedans, if we were to drop even a good 200hp h22, wouldnt the hp be diluted by the weight factor? I mean an h22 will push 200 hp in a tiny prelude and a k20a2 in an RSX, but in a 4 door accord?? Tell me what you think.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

it will happen eventually..until then...dream on

my buddy is painting his civic now.....dropping in a k24....expects to run mid 12's..on a stock motor!

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

I prefer the k24...BUt then i would slap a k20 head and make it a frankenstein =D.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well a few people on here hav gone over a k20 swap. i think maybe even a k24 swap. but ur new so u shouldnt get blasted out 2 bad.

if we could find some1 2 make the mounts then it shouldnt b much of a problem. shoot next year ima try swapin a RB26 in2 a cb7. yeah i kno a whole bunch of stuff has 2 b dont but ill do it tho. ill hav my own shop then anyway.

but if u search ull find a few people talkin about the k20 and k24 swap(i think theres a k24 )

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
          I mean an h22 will push 200 hp in a tiny prelude and a k20a2 in an RSX, but in a 4 door accord?? Tell me what you think.
          I think a lude weighs more than the accord? and 200hp is 200hp no matter what car its in..

just get an H22, your life will be so much easier

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
            well a few people on here hav gone over a k20 swap. i think maybe even a k24 swap. but ur new so u shouldnt get blasted out 2 bad.

if we could find some1 2 make the mounts then it shouldnt b much of a problem. shoot next year ima try swapin a RB26 in2 a cb7. yeah i kno a whole bunch of stuff has 2 b dont but ill do it tho. ill hav my own shop then anyway.

but if u search ull find a few people talkin about the k20 and k24 swap(i think theres a k24 )
            Hasport is developing mounts for the 4th gen to accomodate the motors as for when it comes out thats a dunno so far. Shawn.Hayden i think has emailed them asking the progress on the setup.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm probably gonna end up putting in an h22 just cuz. IF i ever get the money to do the drop, i can't decide which h22 to do. I mean i wanna do one out of a 97 'lude but its got that ATTS thing and i dont wanna deal with all the hassle of the OBD conversion etc. I just want a straight swap. BTW-- a local import shop quoted me $3000 for everything--the engine, the swap, the wiring, the ecu, everything. Is that a god deal???

AND, crazemonie--how did you go about paingting the mouldings? did you pull them off, paint them and put them back on or did you do it on the car? if you pulled em off, how did you get them to go back on?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok...it wouldnt even let me into the engine list link..being a noob sucks! I have to come up with assloads of questions/answers(posts) that no one else has posted otherwise i cant utilize the site. i cant reply to certain threads...I'll admit that looking around before i ask questions IS a good idea, ive put my foot in my mouth at least twice on this site and am hopefully getting better. I dont ask questions cuz i wanna know whats cool, i ask cuz i wanna know what worked for certain ppl and because it feels good to hear yay or nay from fellow cb owners.

I know im gonna put in an h22, which one, ill figure out, but in the mean i do have side projects of my own and i plan on doing some DIY's ive seen on the site. It just gets frustrating when i cant even reply or link to threads.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                    ok...it wouldnt even let me into the engine list link..being a noob sucks! I have to come up with assloads of questions/answers(posts) that no one else has posted otherwise i cant utilize the site. i cant reply to certain threads...I'll admit that looking around before i ask questions IS a good idea, ive put my foot in my mouth at least twice on this site and am hopefully getting better. I dont ask questions cuz i wanna know whats cool, i ask cuz i wanna know what worked for certain ppl and because it feels good to hear yay or nay from fellow cb owners.

I know im gonna put in an h22, which one, ill figure out, but in the mean i do have side projects of my own and i plan on doing some DIY's ive seen on the site. It just gets frustrating when i cant even reply or link to threads.

you should be able to SEE everything on this site...just not post

EDIT: I cant get into that thread either. so its no you, it must just be a deleted thread or soemthing?
                    Last edited by Accord R33; 04-17-2006, 12:57 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

accord sedan weighs 2780 lbs, prelude weighs about 2900 or some pounds. the sedan actually weighs less than the coupe so.... dropping an h22 into an accord makes it faster than having a stock prelude.

Comment

the accord sedans weigh 2784 pounds. the preludes weigh at least a hundred pounds more, the accord coupes weigh about 2800 pounds, at least 20 lbs more than the sedans, but if you're a fatty, it doesnt matter which car you're in, lol jk, anyways dropping h22 in the accord sedan makes it probably as heavy / slightly lighter ( probably like 20 lbs or so ) than a prelude so..

Comment

Can't wait for those mounts to come out and see someone do the k20 or k24 swap into our beloved cb7. But then again, the motor will probably cost a hell of a lot more than a h22 just because it's newer. But it will be nice because the k engines are beast.
                          Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Accord weights depend on the model. My EX is a cool 3,000#...but a DX might be like 2700#. ABS, A/C, and power everything= mad weight.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

it'll be soo swt if eventually evrybody puts a k20 engine into a cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X