Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

K20A2....what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...for now i wann get a h22 head and put it on a h23 block. a k series would be way too much for my budget

Comment

don't expect k mounts for cb7's for at least another year.......i've done the research...they're not even officially released for the cd but should be soon......they're in production for the CD though and was on display at the last SEMA.....usually a 2 year process....

the mounts are by far NOT the hardest part......you basically follow the EG swap but factor in that NO ONE makes the wiring harness you'll need yet (you can get rywire.com to make it for $400 or do the wiring yourself, which IS a big deal with this swap....a VERY big deal, could easily take a week just for this part)....then you need the mounts obviously, then you have to adapt your car to the K's fuel system which has no return line.....just a few hundred more in custom parts and time to do it....you have to make your own header since the civic header doesn't clear the crossmember (remember, it's in the back of the motor now) and that's a tight fit.....you have to use the K ecu or a standalone, but you can not use an obd1 ecu as of now, you'll need to do a dozen other things too.....not counting the price of the motor, you could easily spend $4000......the k24 from the crv can be had for around $1000 and you could put the tsx head on that, but you'll have to use the rsx-s throttle cable setup since the tsx uses an electronic throttle, and you'll need the adapter plate from speedwerks for that........it's a very complicated swap into an obd1 car without much aftermarket love.....not impossible but very involving and compared to the h22a, not worth it.....i wanted to do this because the potential for the k is higher and it has a stronger aftermarket, but i couldn't afford it even though the motors could be had for $200 needing only rings.........it's a pricey affair right now.....for $4000, you can do your own h22a swap and hit 13's easily

Comment

rsx puts out 155hp@6500rpm,k20a
        rsx type s engines put out 201hp@7800rpm, k20c

ive seen the k20a2 in several hatches, which suits them. Altho, for an accord id go k24 like a few ppl have said.. still like ducky said, not worth it when the h22 is so easily applicable
        Last edited by accordzoom; 04-17-2006, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X