Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Powergain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powergain ?

i was wondering if anyone would know what type of hp gain i would get if i put an H22 head on an F22 block and i actually got it to work right and didnt run out of ductape in the process

TEAM JND BITCHES

The H22 is a DOHC Vtec motor w/ 10.6:1 CR. It makes about 190-200 to the crank so you must figure that the F22 with a CR of 8.8:1 would make somewhere between 160-170. IMHO.

Comment

thanks

hey thanks for the info now one more question swap in complete h22 engine and trany for it or just do the head swap just tryin to figure out which would be easier mostly guessing the head swap not realy looking for monster power but the extra increase would be nice

TEAM JND BITCHES

Comment

Your biggest limitation would be the rev capacity of the F22 block.

7 grand is probably pushing it.

If you do a search for G23 or G22, there is quite a bit of info on here for people who are already doing these.

There really isn't much advantage to putting it on an F22 block though, you would probably be better off just getting an H22. Then you don't have the headaches or reliability concerns.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

thanks

hey thanks alot[IMG]

TEAM JND BITCHES

Comment

IMO, go with the H22. It is going to be most reliable and finding parts as well as maintenance will be alot easier when you can say you have the H22 rather than this head and this bottom and this piece from this and so on. Just a thought.

Comment

dont hybrid the motor. go full h22. they dont have IMENSE power, and its like owning a stock newer engine. putting the h22 head on the f series motor is risky and may not be very ideal for a daily driver.

save up the money, go for the full swap IMO

Comment

do a h22 as stated above the hybrid motor is definatly not your best choice and if you do the h swap make sure you use the damn h series tranny!

Comment

Working...
                X