Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 with F22 Tranny + Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 with F22 Tranny + Nitrous

Before the flaming begins, I am aware that running the F22 tranny on the H22 is going to inhale quite profusely. I know that you fall way out of VTEC between shifts and I know it makes almost a second's 1/4 mile difference between the F22 and H22 tranny. I want to know if anyone has tried to remedy this by squeezing a 50 shot of nitrous to eliminate the lag (so to speak).

it would help but you still wont have that extra time that you would with the h22 tranny i wouldnt waste my money on spray save up and get the tranny

Comment

aye. spray hurts an engine, and off hmotors online its only a littlemore $$ so the prices would be close anyways... keep your engine safe and clean. buy the LSD h22 tranny and be happy you arent blowing things up.

Comment

even if you cant get the lsd tranny i would still throw an h series tranny behind the motor

Comment

Absolutely. I agree 110%! I only asked because I have a universal kit left over from my last car. I am going to save for the LSD tranny regardless. Just an idea. Thank You.

Comment

h22 tranny arent 1 second faster than f22 tranny h22's...you are kidding yourself..
            h22 trannied h22's need to shift into 4th to finish the 1/4, and f22 trannied h22's dont even have to shift to 4th...the tiny bit that you fall out of vtec between 1st and 2nd wont matter any more than the time it takes to shift from 3rd to 4th

Comment

do you have times of identical setups running a h22 tranny and f22 tranny? The way I see it is the h22 tranny was geared for a reason, to complement the vtec on h22s, to keep it perfectly within it's powerband. And we know the f22 isn't geared the same as the h22, so... I can see a stock h22 running a f22 tranny running about a second slower the a h22 matched with a h22 tranny
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Not trying to be rude or start static here but that is just what I was told by someone who knows his H22s. If its not, great because that is what I am going to be stuck with for some time. Would it be wise to upgrade to an Exedy clutch? Will that work in the H22 tranny?

Comment

yes, you get the clutch made for the h22... It would be a good idea so you don't get any slipping when your spraying
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I have all three trannies at the shop. h22/h23/f22. at the track they all run the same times. On the street the h23 tranny is faster than the h22 tranny depend on which version of the h22 tranny you have. The reason they all run the same at the track is because both the h23/h22 requires a upshift at the end of the track while the f22 tranny does dont. I have heard about people falling out of vtec going into second but none of my buddies or I have experience this shifting at 8k.
                    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                    registration is free

Comment

My God Shifting at 8k... I cant wait!!! That is actually good news to me and I guess we shall soon find out. I will definately get that clutch.

Comment

Chance has the coolest sig in the world.

And with the F22 transmission you would have the benefit of higway gears as well unless you're kidding yourself into thinking you don't drive the car on a daily basis. Lo Key, exactly as you presumed, the nitrous will in fact solve the problem of slower low end acceleration. If you want to talk to someone about running nitrous on the F22 transmission, talk to Fearit22. He's not on all the time but he tracked his F22 a lot with nitrous before it went turbo.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

haha i thought it was pretty great myself so thank you

Comment

if you want a daily driver just get the h22 tranny. if going the turbo route stay with the accord tranny. a freind's hatch with an h22 and accord tranny was squeezing a 150 shot on a stock block doing mid to high 11's. it was stripped and was tuned but i'm sure the accord tranny was more suitable in that scenario. so i guess you can also have it for the 50 shot but it's not going to be as great when you're off the bottle. lates.

Comment

Working...
                            X