Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock muffler/aftermarket header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock muffler/aftermarket header

I did a couple searches but didnt have many results on this one. It's funny we need to get 30 posts before we can post on other forums but everyone keeps telling us to search. If I search and find everything, how am I supposed to reach my quota lol! Anyway back on topic. I was wondering if anyone had dynoed a stock muffler with an aftermarket header. I am trying to keep the car as quiet as possible without robbing it of too much power (yeah I know its not the most realistic thing). Has anyone even tried this combination? Pros? Cons? Opinions?

it wont give you as much power but at the most over all you gain 10hp or less with an exaust so thats cool it helps keep you out of trubble with the stock exaust just put tips on the stock it will be all good

Comment

What? Anyways, if you have an F22A4 or F22A6 then you probably won't gain anything. Just the nature of the beast. They already have a great header from the factory. It's mainly just for looks. People take their heat shields off and find that their headers or manifolds are rusted to crap so they get a new one to make their engines look a little better(may not have been their idea going in but it's what the end result was). Now, if you have an F22A1 then you will benefit from a header. But not by more than a couple horsepower. Don't pay any attention to advertised gains. And also you will not get 10hp by putting an exhaust on a stock Accord.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Great advice. Thanks guys. I am very sorry I forgot to mention my question was in regards to my new H22A. Just trying to get an idea before I swap it in. My bad.

Comment

I have an aftermarket header to my stock exhaust just cuz my header didnt come with a dp. IMO it doesnt do much but oh well. If i had the money and spent it on an SMSP/RMF or some other brand like that it would be another story.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I heard the RMF Header is the best available at the time. 2point6 has gained a lot of power from that (and some tuning) and strongly recommended that one to me. Havent heard it yet though. It looks awesome too.

Comment

i'd say just a new header and stock catback COULD ..depending onthe header.. give u 5hp or maybe take 5hp, just spring for a full catback knock off on ebay its not that expensive 400-450 shipped
              who needs a manual anyway

JDM is the way to play, all day every day

Comment

orrr, just buy an axle back and keep the silencer in, stuff some dirtbike exhaust packing in around the 5-6" tube that goes in the muffler (lol, i've always wondered if that would work for keeping down the db's, anybody ever try that, someone must have )
                who needs a manual anyway

JDM is the way to play, all day every day

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                  What? Anyways, if you have an F22A4 or F22A6 then you probably won't gain anything. Just the nature of the beast. They already have a great header from the factory. It's mainly just for looks. People take their heat shields off and find that their headers or manifolds are rusted to crap so they get a new one to make their engines look a little better(may not have been their idea going in but it's what the end result was). Now, if you have an F22A1 then you will benefit from a header. But not by more than a couple horsepower. Don't pay any attention to advertised gains. And also you will not get 10hp by putting an exhaust on a stock Accord.
                  hey buddy i said at most 10 hp if you read the post

Comment

i say 4hp...loll

Comment

questions from a 94

ok i kno this is a 4th gen site but i need some help if anyone knos. i drive a 1994 accord ex 2dr with an f22b1. i just purchased an aftermarket intake and a spoon sport header. i have read this post and now am wondering if i should even apply the header because everyone says there is no increase in hp. am i going to increase or not?

Comment

Rmf Headers Have Neted More Than 30whp- Expect to pay alot of $ and possibly lose a/c
                        Last edited by caseycoker; 04-12-2006, 06:00 PM. Reason: add some stuff
                        Every Knee Shall Bow-Isaiah 45:23

Comment

Yeah I heard around 800 for them. Not losing the AC, Im from Tucson....

Comment

Working...
                          X