Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Running Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Issues

Ok, I've had this car for a few years, it's been in an accident, and I've worked a few kinks out of the engine already, but it still runs kinda bad. At idle it seems like it's miss firing. Under acceleration, it seems like it's miss firing and it lacks power, unless I've got my foot most of the way down. At speed, it acts like it's shuddering, and doesn't stay at the same speed when the cruise is on. And when I stop at a stop sign, or a light, the rpm drops dramatically, about 200 rpm, and stalls occasionally. I changed the Idle air control valve, but it still might be bad. It would be nice if i could figure out whats goin on...

If you've got a problem, I might have an answer... or a sledgehammer.
    (a little dirt goes a long way)

It could be a number of things. But i would start by checking for vacuum leaks are you shooting off any check engine lights at all?

Comment

Yeah the chack engine light is on, but i don't have the connectors to hook up... They guy that hooked up to is said it was an emissions problem

If you've got a problem, I might have an answer... or a sledgehammer.
      (a little dirt goes a long way)

Comment

Replace your plugs/wires/distributor cap/rotor if you havent done it or just do a basic tune up on it. Plus as mentioned it could be a lot of other things. You can check the codes yourself also http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthr...9&highlight=cel

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf_USAR
          Ok, I've had this car for a few years, it's been in an accident, and I've worked a few kinks out of the engine already, but it still runs kinda bad. At idle it seems like it's miss firing. Under acceleration, it seems like it's miss firing and it lacks power, unless I've got my foot most of the way down. At speed, it acts like it's shuddering, and doesn't stay at the same speed when the cruise is on. And when I stop at a stop sign, or a light, the rpm drops dramatically, about 200 rpm, and stalls occasionally. I changed the Idle air control valve, but it still might be bad. It would be nice if i could figure out whats goin on...

Yo..Chris..like I said when I was over there....if the guy you took it to said it was an emissions problem....check your O2 censor.....just check that...if its old..or bad...change that out..and see how it runs afterwards!

or like others have said....could be a number of things...when I get back..Imma come over..and we are gonna figure out what the hell is wrong with your Cb7 mayne!

yours have so much more spaghetti (* wiring ) than mine...but we will work on it..and figure it out...you need to get that girl fixed up!!!!!
          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf_USAR
            Yeah the chack engine light is on, but i don't have the connectors to hook up... They guy that hooked up to is said it was an emissions problem
            All you need for "connections" is a piece of wire. A link was provided above but it doesn't work. Here's a DIY from the forum:

ENG: Diagnose a Check Engine Light

Follow the steps and post the code.

This is probably the FIRST thing people should have to learn to do when they sign up for CB7tuner.com

What model, year and tranny do you have?

EDIT: Doh! I didn't realize how old this thread was when I replied to it. Ignore.
            Last edited by Ghostyman; 05-06-2006, 01:54 AM.
            - Ghosty
            WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
            FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

I kind of have the same problem

I just got another cb7 automatic. I bought it for $350 the guy said it needed a tune up so oh well. Anyway I got new NGK plugs, wires, cap and rotor and it still skips. Heres the funny thing. No check engine light. and when it run I smell gas. Now heres something else. Sometimes when I go to start it it doesnt start as if Its not firing. I can pull the spark plug wire and no fire and then maybe 20 tries later it will finally fire and I smell gas. Could it be that the distributor is not firing at its full potential. Can a distributor not fully fire. Or is it a burnt exhaust valve. A guy told me that once i get it running try putting a dollar at the muffler. He said it should suck in when the engine misses. I tried it but it really doesnt suck in unless you kind of put the dollar half way over the single pipe. (LX trim). Please help!
              Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Working...
              X