Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dome Light Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dome Light Problem

I Have A Problem, My dome light or my other light on my right door doesn't work but the left door light works fine would anyone know whats wrong with it? the fuses are all good...and i dont know whats wrong i bought the car like that...
    -The New Accord, Does This Mean I Should Change My Member Name? lol

this may sound dumb but have u checked the bulbs in them?? if u bought the car like that what makes u think their not blown..

<3 -ivie- <3

Comment

I've replaced all the bulbs in the car when i first noticed the problem, and so i just checked it with the power tester and it's getting no power....any ideas? both the right door and the dome light...

Comment

I have the same problem, and found a recall was made on the 91 accord but not the 93.

Comment

Theres a switch on your door jamb which allows the dome light and door light to come on when they are open. That could be your problem.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

how would i be able to tell if the switch is fine or not? and how is it the dome light wont turn on when the left door lights up...?

Comment

The two doors have two separte curcuits.

When you open the left door, its lift comes on and so does the dome lift. If you open the right side door, its light comes on and so does the dome light.

Remove the screw for the switch, they'll be ONE wire attached to it. Put that wire to ground, if the lights come on, its the switch (or whatever is attached to the door to activate the switch, I can't remeber if there is anything), if it doesn't come on, its something else.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Hmmm thats odd. You sure the bulb is the same one? Have you checked the bulb itself to see if its good?

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

That switch from the dealer is like $9 and I had the same problem on my old Accord.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Tried grounding it out and it still didnt get the dome light to turn on, is there anyways the dome and the right door circuit might be messed up and how would i fix that?? All the bulbs are brand new.....

Comment

Working...
                    X