Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cord vs lude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cord vs lude

hmm, i searched using accord vs prelude.... and got nothing
    so, here are some senarios. You guys post what you think the results would be and why.
    Models used
    I/H/E 00 Prelude Type sh
    VS
    I/H/E 91 dx bbb 5sp with the same engine (h22a7 or 4 cant remember)

no suspension work on either...unless you think it would be close and the race would depend on a slight mod.

so, the types of races I could think of...

1/8th mi
    1/4th mi
    1 mi
    0-100
    100-limiter
    real life light to light
    autocross
    mountian pass

FUN Laguna Seca

I'm guessing the drags would be about same b/c the HP would be same but the lude is much heavier (dx vs sh would be no comp in my mind).
    For the autocross I'm guessing the lude b/c was made to be MUCH more sporty than our loved cb7's but I also believe even a mild suspension tune would get the cb7 right up there.

well, thats all i can think of right now but if you guys think of any more include them and lets see how well our cb's do.
    --
    "overspecialize and you breed in weakness, it's
    slow death... "

motoko kusanagi

For the autocross, no matter how much you mod your Accord suspension, you're not going to be at any level of a true sports car.
    Type SH is wonderful. ATTS system is amazing.

For the track, the Prelude is better.
    for Autocross, Prelude is better.
    For Moutain runs, Prelude is better, especially with ATTS.
    For 1/8 & 1/4 runs, Prelude is better.
    Real life light to light? ---that, miracles happen and anything can happen.

The biggest misconception from people who've never driven a Prelude "think" that the Lude(NOT ACCLUDE FOR CHRISTS SAKE), is heavy. 3150lbs is not that heavy. The Prelude's transmission is geared way differently than the Cb7. You may have swapped an h22 in your cb7, power wise it's close, but overall feeling IS NOT.

Before you guys become all defensive and sht...think realistically. Drive a 5th gen Prelude and then come up with a judgement of your own.

-- Swapping motors into a car doesnt make one a sports car. You need complete balance in a car, not just power. How does the Hachi-Roku do so well? it's very well balanced albeit underpowered.

Or, let's say someone swaps a Ferrari motor in their Cb7. So now, that makes a CB7 a Ferrari? it handles and drives like a Ferrari? lol...so that's where im coming from fellas...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

hmm, if its geared differently dont you do the tranny swap anyway??
      Noob to this so maybe not....

Hmm, so the almighty prelude is great still hu? man, what honda is that much better than the prelude? (I still think the 88 4ws is the greatest)
      --
      "overspecialize and you breed in weakness, it's
      slow death... "

motoko kusanagi

Comment

Completely stock, the prelude has a higher chance on winning in most aspects, but the lighter accord would give it a run for its money in the 1/4, 1/8 mile. Modded though, the ATTS system cannot take over 250 hp to the crank. I think the ATTS sensor light on the dash remains lit and it is disabled. A base prelude would defiently be great though.

And as for autocrossing, I heard the ATTS system is not that great and that adding an LSD would be alot better. Again, I have never driven a 5th gen prelude but its always been the car I wanted to own. I'm a member on preludepower forums, and most Type SH owners remove their ATTS system because of the extra parasitic drag it places on the engine and its weight. They claim adding a quaife LSD actually helped the car handle better.
        Last edited by i97supratti; 04-11-2006, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsumi83
          hmm, if its geared differently dont you do the tranny swap anyway??
          Noob to this so maybe not....

Hmm, so the almighty prelude is great still hu? man, what honda is that much better than the prelude? (I still think the 88 4ws is the greatest)

Well, a tranny swap...anything can be done with $$ and time...
          It's just not the same...the overall feeling...again, swapping in a Ferrari engine and tranny in your car...it's still not a Ferrari!!!!

--Im a senior member on Preludepower.com--

The ATTS system is actually pretty far-out...ive driven my friends type SH...man, i swear, it completly eliminates understeer...and some people claim they can drift with ATTS! ATTS is a planetary gear system that sends torque to slipping front wheels...it's actually pretty brilliant technology...

ATTS was made for Autocross...but the thing is, 95% of the people who purchase a Type SH, dont know how to fully utilize it. The new RL has ATTS, type SH AWD...that's a monster!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
          1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

plan and simple... drag race goes to the the one with the better driver as the little bit of weight difference isn't enough as I've seen both run similar times in the quarter with a little edge going to the h22a accord. Every where else the prelude is better. Prelude rides better, drivers better even looks better in my opinion. I love my prelude and its very confidence inspiring suspension. The newer ones (97+) are even better.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

I have a 1995 Honda prelude H22A1 with the H22 transmission and ecu in my 1993 Accord LX. I have driven a 2000 Honda Prelude SH and 99 non-SH before as well. So with all that said in advance the only thing I can tell you is my Accord eats those cars for breakfast. I have raced them on the highway (top end runs) “I win every time”, on the drag “I win”, Hell just a quick pull on the road I burn them like they are standing still. Now I am not saying my car Accord is going to respond the same as another guy’s Accord with the same modifications though. Just like all drivers are different all engine have a little what I like to call “personality” to them in a way. Some just pull harder more then others. I never used to believe till I started noticing my car would kill cars it shouldn’t. This is just one guys story not to say that someone else 93 Accord would do the same. Although the Prelude is a very smooth ride I did not like the lack of "Rawness" I get with my Accord. I would smash the gas and it pull but not in "damn" kind of pull, but more of a smooth transition into VTEC. One mans opinion!

My members ride thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=64358
              Originally posted by Dr. Emmett Brown
              "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

Comment

ludes are ok but not that great. their too restictive. can't even go past 115mph. obd2 sux. all you need is an accord with an h and a jun chip. not the best setup but enough to take out a stock obd2 lude down the quarter any day. i know from experience. auotcross i can't say for sure but who cares. lates.

Comment

dosent a stock 97+ sh lude run about 15.5 in the 1/4?
                  spin city

Comment

oops brought back an old thread.
                    sorry.
                    spin city

Comment

I run a 15.2 in the 1/4, prolly faster now. and I dont have the vtak.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well......i have no idea if this works....but hey i raced a 92-96 prelude s(F22A1 Motor)and i have an 90-91 honda accord ex(f22a4)no diffrence...and we both have the same mods under our hood....both cold air and a straight pipe exhaust with act 6 puck clutch...yeah he got me off the line...and thru he's whole first gear by 1 car...i pulled him on my second staying side by side then i pulled him on my 3rd by a door...and he's car is striped....no front and back seats....now rear panels and trunk panels...and all i had was no back seats with my subs in there....i was even useing my 16's with kuhmo escsta tires(fucken sux)and to me prelude's are allright...it's all in the driver!autocross...prelude's are great in that....and i hit a 16.1 with that setup alone...and i've been racing preludes with the same motor as mine and i take em for somereason....but i raced a 99 prelude h22 equiped.....and he only took my by half a car......
                        Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

Bench racing sucks.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so what......it's what i like and i don't even know what u do..i dont know if u race autocross or what not
                            Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

Old thread, but new to me

Assumptions for comparison:
                              Identical drivers
                              Identical runs (no missed shifts, perfect every time)
                              Prelude SH only has I/H/E, Accord only has H22A, I/H/E... identical modifications.

The Prelude, considering it has a wider wheelbase and sportier suspension, would most likely come out ahead in autocross and road racing. The Accord, which is a bit lighter, would have a slight drag racing advantage.

The differences are so subtle that the driver will make all the difference.

You're right, an H22 in an Accord doesn't make it a Prelude. But the CB7 is fairly nimble and balanced in it's own right. With a properly tuned suspension, it could keep up with a Prelude easily on the twisties. Granted, the Prelude probably has more options for suspension, and it probably responds better to suspension mods... But what average Prelude owner can afford to go all out?

In the hands of an educated (but poor) tuner, either car has potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X