Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 engine family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 engine family

I am in the process of accquiring a CB7 Accord and I had a few questions. I looked up the engine codes at www.f22parts.com/engine_specs.html .What is the difference between the engine between 90-93 accord. Also the prelude in 92-96 Si has the same engine apparently on that site. Since the bore and stroke, along with compression ratio is the same for the engines listed, does that mean the differnece is in the heads, ecu, and exhaust or am I missing something? Also what are gonna be some of the easier, cheaper mods that are a must for the CB7? Oh yeah the car I am getting is a 2dr DX coupe with a manual transmission, beyond that I don't have anymore details yet. Thanks for your time.

->gofaster<-
    1992 Honda Accord DX
    Coupe 5spd
    2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
    125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

f22a1 90-93 dx lx 125 hp 142tq
    f22a4 9091 ex 130 hp 142 tq
    f22a6 9293 ex 140hp 142 tq
    im not sure on wat the se has.

cam and intake manifold are 2 things the a6 has better then the rest

Comment

Differences are cam and intake manifold(as listed by floored), along with the ecu and exhaust manifold. Easy mods to do would be a h23 intake manifold swap, cam regrind, crushbent exhaust from a shop.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Will the H23 intake manifold bolt-on or will it require some modification? Also what are the differences between the 90-91 and 92-93 in terms of the headlights? I keep finding parts but they are for one or the other. Then I check another shop site and they are listed for all of them. I saw the thread on the tailights being different, is it the same deal here? How hard is it gonna be to switch cams out for a novice mechanic? And are there any reputable shops that do cam re-grinds? Is there a specific grind I should ask for or does it vary based on other mods to the car?
        1992 Honda Accord DX
        Coupe 5spd
        2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
        125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=44639
          Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Working...
          X