Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a6 header on f22a4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6 header on f22a4?

last week i was reading here that upgraded header really woulnd't do much for hp. and then i read that the a6 had a decent 4-2-1 set up. would a header of a6 bolt on to an a4? and if so would it help any?

The F22A4 also has a 4-2-1 setup, and is in fact better than the F22A6 version.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

thanks.

Comment

what about painting my stock header with high temp paint? (something else i read here) would that actually help out?

Comment

it would help for looks

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i've tried painting a header, trust me it not worth the time and money in the long run it will eventually burn off not matter wat degree paint u use.

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Like 93twodoorLX said. Complete waste of time. I recently tried it and yes it failed. I am getting some header wrap instead. rather it look like a mummy then see some tired old brown pipe. Might even go with a colored header wrap to match my under the hood scheme.
              WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

F22A4: 1990-1991 Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 130 hp (97 kW) @ 5200 rpm, 142 lbf·ft (193 N·m) @ 4000 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

F22A6 1990-1993 Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 140 hp (104 kW) @ 5600 rpm, 142 lbf·ft (193 N·m) @ 4500 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

a6 = higher rpm power
                a4 = lower rpm power
                Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
                  F22A4: 1990-1991 Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 130 hp (97 kW) @ 5200 rpm, 142 lbf·ft (193 N·m) @ 4000 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

F22A6 1990-1993 Accord, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 140 hp (104 kW) @ 5600 rpm, 142 lbf·ft (193 N·m) @ 4500 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

a6 = higher rpm power
                  a4 = lower rpm power

Good information, but irrelevant to the post. The A6 has a different power band for many reasons other than the exhaust manifold. It actually makes better low end torque as well, but again for reasons other than the Exhaust manifold.

The A4 manifold IS better.

Comment

right on. thanks for the info. saved me a sunday afternoon. think i'll go drink.

Comment

Originally posted by delart
                      right on. thanks for the info. saved me a sunday afternoon. think i'll go drink.

Comment

Working...
                      X