Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dual Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Exhaust

Can someone tell me whare i can get a dual cat-back exhaust system with this type of muffler http://www.allpartsbin.com/images/car-mufflers.gif
    and not this type http://www.carreview.com/Channels/Ca...duct_53444.jpg

I want the big loud circle mufflers not the pussy oval ones I want everyone to know im coming but I dont want it to sound like a dam lawn mower either.

In my opinion, the more "everyone" knows your coming, the more Cops know you are the one they will be pulling over. To answer your question though- You will most likely have to do a custom set up. Do you like the Exhuast sound on a 350Z? ES tuning has universal mufflers that you can use. You would have to put on your own tips.By the way it is VERY hard to find a Cheap Exhaust that doesn't sound like a fart can. The mufflers that were in the picture look like they would come from Autozone/Pepboys, But it is your car, so do what you want. i Personally have an RSR exhaust it sounded real good on my F22, and even better on my H22. Cost $500-- ES tuning $80 + install and custom pipework.
    Every Knee Shall Bow-Isaiah 45:23

Comment

I personally don't know of any dual systems for our cars. Everyone I've ever seen with dual had it custom made. A dual setup won't be better than a single performance-wise... it's strictly for appearance.

Comment

http://www.inlinefour.com/apworsporex.html

There is one here, look in the pull down menu...

But honestly, you won't acheive the sound you are looking for. From previous expierence with two carbon fiber universal mufflers, the whole set-up sounded like $h!t!

save you money, make some bank-get a tanabe or rsr or GREDDY!!!

good luck
        Accord for sale: check classifieds!
        4x100/4x114.3 Wheels: Check Parts for sale!

Comment

I would suggest a full catback exhaust system. I have an aftermarket muffler welded onto my existing exhaust system and it sounds terrible. All the cars with a "nice" sound that I heard were full catback exhaust systems, i.e. Greddy, RSR, Apexi, etc.

Comment

Mine actually sounds alright, as does my friend's... I have 2.5" for my H22, and he has 2.25" for his F22. Same setup, same shop. Crush bent piping and a no-name muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by accordfrizzeek
              http://www.inlinefour.com/apworsporex.html

There is one here, look in the pull down menu...

But honestly, you won't acheive the sound you are looking for. From previous expierence with two carbon fiber universal mufflers, the whole set-up sounded like $h!t!

save you money, make some bank-get a tanabe or rsr or GREDDY!!!

good luck
              thats not dual for the cb7. and when i was going to put dual dynomax mulfflers on i was going to have to cut out and reseal a portion of mt spare tire compartment. because if it was put on without the cutting the exhaust pipe going to the left side where there was originally no muffler would be entirely to close to the gas entry tube. that was using the 2 1/2 inch piping
              Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

Comment

keep the npise low or the cops will sure to bust ya....don;t do a dual exhaust unless the entire exhaust system from header back is done up right.

Comment

Originally posted by lowrider
                  keep the npise low or the cops will sure to bust ya....don;t do a dual exhaust unless the entire exhaust system from header back is done up right.
                  Even then, it's not like it is on a V6 or V8... Those systems are technically two seperate systems from two heads. Since we only have one head, you can't really have a useful true dual system. It'll always be a split pipe coming from a single downpipe. I'm sure you could send two cylinders down one pipe and two down another, but that would totally eliminate any scavenging effects...

Comment

Just don't do it!
                    Accord for sale: check classifieds!
                    4x100/4x114.3 Wheels: Check Parts for sale!

Comment

If he wants to do it, there's nothing wrong with it... just no added benefit aside from appearance. It can look good on a kitted car!

Comment

those plans are still on hold. noise would not be to much of a problem. i use the Dynomax X-Flow mufflers and those are superb on sound. at idle and cruising you cannot tell at all that there is something done to the exhaust. its when you open that butterfly you can tell.
                        Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

Comment

I think there was a thread on this how people made there duals for there car. Basically they welded another tube to go to the other side and chose what type of can they wanted at the end. Nothing a muffler shop cant fab up.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            It can look good on a kitted car!
                            werd..
                            look at 91accordexr33..he has a great looking overall kit and dual exhaust
                            from me!

Comment

Working...
                            X