Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ahh! Crunch Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh! Crunch Time!

Help!

Im doing the H22 swap in my car tommorow. I have an Automatic and we are going to do the 5spd swap too.

Someone just told me that I needed 5spd Axles?!?!?!?

Is that true?! Please tell me it isnt true...

Thanks,
    -Lam

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
    Help!

Im doing the H22 swap in my car tommorow. I have an Automatic and we are going to do the 5spd swap too.

Someone just told me that I needed 5spd Axles?!?!?!?

Is that true?! Please tell me it isnt true...

Thanks,
    -Lam
    how did you not know this going into swapping an h22 and 5 spd transmission.

YES, i repeat yes you need 5 speed axles, automatic axles will not work with a 5 spd transmission
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Somebody shoot me now...

Im a noob...Thats why I didnt know...lol...

They told me that it would drop right in!

Comment

Ok,

Called pepboys and they have em in stock for $60 each side (with core)

No further assistance needed...

Thanks!,
        -Lam

Comment

Just make sure you get a good intermediate shaft w/seals.

Comment

I know this is the noob forum..but im going to be honest, if thats something you didnt know, you're really not ready to do this swap. you need to sit your ass in your computer chair for another couple of months and do some research.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Be nice......YES YES YES and its good you called pepboys to get the parts you needed......just take into consideration every part of the things you are doing to you car (ie the swap) and read the instruction etc.

Comment

dont you need an intermediate shaft too if you have a m.t.? something you cant buy from pepboys...

Comment

when i checked last you could only obtain one from honda for like $240 or the junkyard for like $20 just gotta make sure the carrier is in good shape.

Comment

Working...
                  X