Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

replacing clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing clutch

i searched the forums for how to's on replacing the clutch but couldnt find anything with detailed pics on how to do it. does anybody know of a site where they will give a detailed instruction with pics on how to replace it.

thnx

I don't know of any detailed how-tos... I was going to take step by step of mine when I did it a few weeks ago, but my camera died... So that didn't happen!

Basically, if you follow a good manual like Chilton's or Haynes, you shouldn't have a problem.

Just remove everything attached to the tranny, pull the axles from it, pop the lower ball joints, lower the motor a little (supporting it from underneath with a jack... cushioned with something). Then remove all the mounting bolts. Be sure to support the tranny when doing that!
    Once the tranny is off, remove the old stuff, resurface or replace your flywheel, install the new clutch according to spec (plus the throwout bearing, pressure plate, etc...) and slide the tranny back on. Having someone turn the crank pulley counter-clockwise is very helpful to line up the splines. For me, that someone was cp[mike]'s mom. Then reassemble everything that you previously took apart.

Comment

Ya, I've done 3 clutches in Accords and Preludes and I can tell you that a good shop manual will be your most useful tool....they usually have the pics to. I would also suggest recruiting a friend to help; two sets of hands is better than one.
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yeah if i was you i'd get a shop manual

or if you're like me and have done many of them... still get the shop manual
        インテリア Coupe

HighwayStar - /super highway/stunt driving/transport service/fast delivery/
        NightOwl - Nocturnal posting master
        2.0LPlus Crew - Member # 1.5
        Anti-Tree Mafia - stop hitting trees/to young to die
        FG Civic.com

Comment

Working...
        X