Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo from srt4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo from srt4

I was wondering if the turbo off of a srt4 would be a good choice, in place of a 14b. Because i could get one for free from a friend of mines, and i was just wondering if it is worth it to use for a daily driver, and at what boost levels. I can seem to find the compressor map for those turbos either. All replies would be appreciated

wait a minunte. . . now i am confused, are those turbos like a one pice thing?? i haven seen it yet, just that i was told by a fren he could get me one. I read something that said its like a one piece, is this true?? and will i still be able to use this/is this a good choice of turbo to use if it is usable?

Comment

Originally posted by Accordballz
      wait a minunte. . . now i am confused, are those turbos like a one pice thing?? i haven seen it yet, just that i was told by a fren he could get me one. I read something that said its like a one piece, is this true?? and will i still be able to use this/is this a good choice of turbo to use if it is usable?
      yes thats true. the exhaust housing and turbo manifold are all one peice. you cant use it.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Thanks accord r33. . . so what else would you prefer?? Because i already have the dsm manifold re-drilled to fit the f22a. So i think im pretty much stuck with those turbochargers, that are also internally wastegated. unless there's another way i can still do it with that manifold. I would appreciate it if everyone would drop some ideas, thanks in advance

Comment

get a big 16g. you wont be dissapointed

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
            Yep what r33 said. They had an SRT motor cutout at HIN. That thing is small so not worth it at all IMO. I forgot what type it was though since it had the spec on the side.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              or an evo3

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

well i happened to stumble across this on ebay:
                16g

What do you guys think, or an experience?? does it look promising?? or to good to be true, and unreliable??

Also is saab and volvo turbos usable on the 1g dsm manifold??
                Last edited by Accordballz; 04-05-2006, 12:38 AM.

Comment

What do you mean "Too good to be true"? What are you referring to? Just get a 14B or a 16G. I realize there's a big difference but we don't know your driving habits or what else you're planning on doing to support this mod. If you're going to ask questions, ask them with more information provideed up front.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Sorry i guess i didnt do the link right but i fixed it now. Anywas how much does those big 16g turbos go for?? i searched for them and it goes from $400-$900. Anyone know another place i can a 16g for cheaper?? I guess even if it has to be rebuilt or whatever, but as long as it is able to run after using one of those rebuild kits off ebay i stumbled across. But preferably one that is in good working condition. Let me know. . .

Comment

i came across that on ebay too...looks a little shady... id go with a legit site like www.turbochargers.com
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

Thanks but anyone selling used one?? also is the big 16g the same turbo from a wrx/ sti?? And will it bolt up ti the 1g manifold??
                        Off topic Qs:

2)I was just wondeing if the 1g and 2g dsm manifolds are the same if now what are the difference?? Because i have one but im not sure which. Im pretty sure i have a 1g. Does 1g and 2g turbos fit on the same manifolds?? Sorry if my questions doent make sense cuz im pretty confused right now. Thanks
                        Last edited by Accordballz; 04-05-2006, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                          or an evo3
                          T3/T4 is what i will be utilizing
                          Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordballz
                            Thanks but anyone selling used one?? also is the big 16g the same turbo from a wrx/ sti?? And will it bolt up ti the 1g manifold??
                            Off topic Qs:

2)I was just wondeing if the 1g and 2g dsm manifolds are the same if now what are the difference?? Because i have one but im not sure which. Im pretty sure i have a 1g. Does 1g and 2g turbos fit on the same manifolds?? Sorry if my questions doent make sense cuz im pretty confused right now. Thanks
                            If i remember correctly the 2g manifold is actually considered an upgrade from the 1g because it breaths better than a 1g
                            Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

Comment

I dont want to start a new thread, so ill just ask all my questions here, its kinda drifiting away from the topic but oh well. . .

I was just wondering, if i was goin with that 16g setup should i go 2.5 charge pipes?? iif so when is a good time to go 3"?

Oh yeah and that SMc thing that i think Accord r33 was running what is that?? What does "smc" stand for and what is its purpose?? Like could i use that thing to drive around as long as im just cruising?? Well if my questions doesnt make sens, could i just get what it mean so i can do a lil researching on it, Thanks
                              Last edited by Accordballz; 04-07-2006, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X