Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f20b or H22A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20b or H22A

i am a newbi, i have only owned my cb7 for 6 months. i want to do a swap and i have narrowed it down to a F20B or H22A. the F20B did not come in the US so if I where to get one what replacement parts would i use? Would i use H23 parts like water pump, timing belt, spark plugs,etc. which one would be the most reliable?

h22
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

h22a has more power to start. thats what i have

Comment

The H22 Is Great but i like the F20B. It came in the Euro-R and it will bolt in just the same as the H22. You can use parts for the H22 on it because it is in the same family. I'm going with the f20B I think it is a little more unique, everyone has an H22.
        Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Originally posted by EuroSpec
          h22a has more power to start. thats what i have
          Not true. H22A has more torque than the F20B though. But personally id get an h22a.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

H22A
            i got some stock honda civic si turboz

Comment

f22b dohc

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

I agree with this ^^ guy. Thats what i will be doing this summer. Then turbo when i get the funds. but if you wanna go NA then go H22
                DIY antenna control
                DIY ghetto short ram
                Battery Relocation

New Project
                1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Comment

thanks you guys i might dare to be different and go f20b. i just want somthing with a little more power. and i can get it form hmotors for around 16 hunderd. is that a good price for a swap?

Comment

Wow, the F20B is that cheap now? I thought the price was up there with the Type S!

The H22 is the more well-rounded motor, honestly. The F20B is a little peaky, most of the usable power in a limited range up high. Not that it's a bad motor... just not as versatile as the H22. It was developed by Honda so they could compete in a 2.0L class. They had to produce at least 500 motors and make them availible to the general public for it to be considered a 'production' motor. Basically, they did the best they could within the limitations...

It would be different though! Not many people have it.

Comment

If u like high revs go with the F20B, you can bury your tack! This engine is basically a de-stroked H22 that has been port and polished from the factory!

It is easy revving. Higher compression. Hella fun!

* SPECIFICATIONS:
                      * Transmission: LSD Hydraulic
                      * Year: 97+
                      * Compression Ratio: 11.0
                      * 197+hp@7200/145tq@6600
                      * Redline: 7400+
                      * info off some site Honda-Tech.com

H22 would be the more sensible way to go.

...But this is not about being sensible is it?
                      DEVOTE

Comment

most of the info in this thread pertaining to the f20b is wrong.....do some searches and read the stickies, the correct info is there

i'd go with the h22a

Comment

Was I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Was I wrong?
                            no...it was probably me...not my info anyways, i got it off of the above mentioned site.

I got a F20A DOHC ...so what do i know
                            DEVOTE

Comment

THIS thread is funny ass hell

Comment

Working...
                              X