Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't burn clutch fluid... if it's low, you're leaking. Sounds like you might need a new clutch master cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      You don't burn clutch fluid... if it's low, you're leaking. Sounds like you might need a new clutch master cylinder.
      Yep might want to follow your clutch pedal up and see if its wet where the rod goes into the Clutch master cylinder.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i've got a question about the clutch...there's no problem with the pedal, it doesn't stick down and it feels like the correct pressure. the problem is that i sometimes have trouble shifting into gear. on occasion i have to move it into second before going into first. got any ideas? thanks.

Comment

Replace your fluid with either Honda MTF or GM Synchromesh.

Comment

Your clutch is prob going out on you. Do you feel it slip and abnormal amount whenever your engaging?

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i hope not. i just paid for a new one to be put in in december. is there anything else it could be, or did i get burned?

Comment

If its not burnt out (dunno how you drive) Then you should do what deev said. Mine sometimes doesnt go into first or reverse sometimes cuz i know my clutch is going out.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Who replaced the clutch for you? I can almost guarantee they put gear oil in your tranny, instead of proper fluid. Gear oil will kill it. I had a Chrysler dealership change my fluid, and shifting wasn't easy. I thought it was just the clutch (which WAS bad) but it turned out that the fluid was all wrong. Gear oil is WAY too thick. Is your car harder to shift when it's cold, as opposed to after you've been driving for a while?

Drain your fluid. Spend the $20 for 2 quarts of Synchromesh. I guarantee the stuff in there now will smell like eggs and shit (DoctorCipher's clever way of identifying the gear oil in my tranny when we did my clutch).

Comment

this place that sells only honda and acura parts here near san diego did the work.
                    i don't think i drive out of the ordinary or anything, & i am definately not out there revving on people(yet). but the weather doesn't change much around here and it was only cold about two weeks ago and i didn't really pay attention. i do know that it is a little rough in the mornings before work.
                    i'll drain it tomorrow and give it a shot. uh, by the way how would i go about doing that? thanks for the info... and having the beginners start here was a great idea. i have been learning a lot of stuff.

Comment

There's a drain plug down the bottom... draining it is the easy part. Refilling it is a pain! Best to get a funnel with a long tube attached.

Comment

thanks. will do tomorrow on my day off. i hope that solves it. thanks again.

Comment

I had a complete rebuild done not too long ago where everything was replaced. I also had trouble shifting into first. I drained the old tranny fluid and put it Honda MTF (it took 2 quarts). It does shift better however, when its cold outside, I still have trouble shifting into 1st.

I am going to put an additive made by Lubegard. I have heard nothing but praise about their products.
                          1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Most people use GM Synchromesh and it works wonders never heard of lubegard? Anyway if you wanna refill you can get one of those necks off an unused soap bottle (dunno what it called) or something and tighten a tube around the opening. Then all you need to do is manually pump it in the tranny. Gotta make sure your car is level when you put in the MTF if your doing it. This is when a lift would come in handy.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                            X