Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tranny and Egine stuck or seize when on steep road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny and Egine stuck or seize when on steep road

i notice tranny is stuck or not engage to engine when ever i go on steep road.even a slightly steep road if a real steep road my car run like a turtle wid WOT....anywzy the.engine RPM and Speedometer needle are stuck. when it happen i push the gas even harder and no power was transmitted. engine RPM not increasin also w/speedometer needle. ....I usually solve this problem by puttin in D3 and back to D4..btw i do have a bad CV Shaft..but not sure thast the prob....

MY 1n2 CB7

That's wierd!
    South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

Are you saying its not downshifting when you want to. What do you mean your speedo is stuck?? As in its not working?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Symptoms like your tranny is slipping in 4th gear under a load? check AT fluid, see if it's low and burnt. If fluid looks fine. Could be slipping clutches in the auto tranny, time for a rebuild/replacement. Get an opinion from a tranny guy though, one that you trust.

And replace the cv axle too. It's only like 69.99, and it's hard to diagnose problems with known-bad parts installed.

Not sure what to say on the Tach and Speedo guages. Do they EVER move, from the time you start the car? need more info here...

Comment

thnx for the input...well my Tach and Speedo gauge work fine..its just that when the tranny is slip or not egnaging or transfer power to wheel...the engine rev louder but RPM needle in not increasing...it happen sometime on steep freeway around 60mph+..i Check my ATF and its pink and full..
          Thnx

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

possibly needs a rebuild

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Is your tranny flashing any codes?

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah check the codes... that's one messed up problem, almost sounds ECM related
                インテリア Coupe

HighwayStar - /super highway/stunt driving/transport service/fast delivery/
                NightOwl - Nocturnal posting master
                2.0LPlus Crew - Member # 1.5
                Anti-Tree Mafia - stop hitting trees/to young to die
                FG Civic.com

Comment

no there are no CEL or D4 flashin...everythin seem fine

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Hmm id still jump the TCU just in case there are codes stored inside you know? It might not be a permanent code but something could be stored in the TCU.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This is just a guess I am throwing out, but could linkage on the transmission be loose so as it isn't engaging D4 properly, and it is getting into Neutral? Just a thought.
                      Dan
                      For Sale:
                      1995 Accord EX wheels with center caps
                      4 Lug ITR wheels
                      1995 EX complete rear suspension with disc brakes.
                      Email me if interested. rawkus2g@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X