Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

If you had this money wha would you do to the Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had this money wha would you do to the Accord?

Hello,
    If you had 5 grand to spend what would you do to the Accord? Or would you sell the Accord and start working on something else?

had this money? Id go to the titty bar.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      had this money? Id go to the titty bar.
      Lets keep in mind im under 18 and I want to keep this on topic with cars.

Comment

buy a new motor , mags .. and shit loads of jdm stuff hehe
        本田**AcCoRd**本田
        Click to see my CB7
        '90 CRX SIR - Imported from Japan --- Daily Driver
        '93 civic hatch -sold
        '98 Civic H22 Turbo -sold
        '92 Accord ExR coupe- sold
        '96 Golf- Sold
        '96 Bmw 328-Sold
        '01 Civic Si-Sold
        '99 Maxima-Sold
        '88 Crx-Sold
        '91 Accord H22-sold
        '97 Civic Coupe-Sold
        '95 Civic HB b16b-Sold
        '93 Accord-Sold
        '89 Prelude Si-Sold
        '91 Crx Si-Sold
        '93 Honda accord-Sold
        '88 Ford Exp-Rip
        '92 Tracker-Sold
        and many more lol(just dont want to take all the place lol)

Comment

hybrid motor
          killer suspension
          cosmetic mods.. (paint,lip,some jdm goodies)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I'd say good suspension new motor...possibly hybrid and whatever you think looks good on the outside. Dont blow your money on ugly wheels just because they are JAYDEEEM.

Comment

first off, the condition of the car should be presented when asking this question, because if the accord is a total shit box or if in excellent condition that could help a lot with the answering to your question;

if the accord is a shitbox, then i would start by fixing the paint/rust, making sure the body is straight, getting rid of most of the flaws...i would try and fix all the stuff thats wrong with the accord (OEM wise), like if the ball joints, tierods etc needed to be replaced. I would then also check the interior, make sure thats pretty straight, make sure the car can pass inspection and all that. The most important thing that i believe is to make sure that the body is straight before doing most performance modificatinos.

if the accord is in excellent shape then skip this step.

Now, you don't mention whether or not your into performance or looks, but if your going performance wise and have that kind of money, then i would def. go engine swap, (the infamous h22 swap with lsd tranny, all can be found at hmotorsonline.com)..and then i would work on suspension (Omnipowers full-coilover setup about 650-700 found on ebay and other various online stores), and then tires and rims. If you want to go for looks, i would do maybe a new paint job, new rims and tires, sound system, tint, teins (full coilovers shipped off ebay for about 1150), and maybe a body kit and such.

It all depends WHAT YOU want, don't do what other people want you to do, its your hard earned money, so do what you think is right.
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

H22A Of course !! enjoy 200hp in front of your engine bay
                TAIWAN CB7(K5)FAN [IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemaio
                  I think I'm going to fix the couple of things on the exterior then I'll start to go preformance wise once I get my stero for it.
                  Thanks guys,
                  Also is there anyone in the Virginia area that could help me with a engine swap?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemaio
                    why does everyone say this...if you have a car that has more chips/rust/bangs then a 70 year old why jump to an h22.
                    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

h22 and a shitload maintenance so my car could last. maybe some extras like leather or different color interior and other thing to keep the car looking clean and fast

Comment

well if it was my accord, i would do the bod work and paint, then suspension and H22, maybe a lip and some red clears

Comment

If I had $5,000 to spend I'd buy a '92 or '93 frost white 5-speed Accord EX sedan. Then I'd slam it to the ground with some nice suspension setup, and maybe get some decent looking 17-inch wheels on it. After that I'd probably start saving up for an H23 or H22 swap (dunno which I'd want).

Comment

G gs is a lot on money...
                            Option A:
                            I say fix the body first. Try and do it yourself or find a friend that can help. It wont be factory but you can save a boatload. Take the car to maaco and have them do a decent paint job on it.
                            Then go with the f22b dohc motor (loads cheaper than h22) Upgrade the internals maybe do a port polished head, some boring of the tb and intake manifold. Throw a set of 272 regrind cams in there with aem cam gears. And then turbo the bastard (of course putting in solid mounts first) your car will look clean and look stock but you will have a good amount of power. Prolly 250 at the wheel at least, but since you upgraded the internals you could run more boost. Then go to the junkyard and get a saab intercooler (side mounted in the engine bay), not as cool as a big thing up front but only you know its there. You will need to upgrade the fuel system a bit as well as having maybe an air fuel controller and stuff like that. But if you want the sleeper look than thats the way to go.
                            Option B:
                            If you want ricer than paint it orange with some black widow kit, drop it to much for the stock setup to handle and slap a big ass apc wing on it. Do not forget of course to color match the interior, but whatever you do do NOT put more than 100 bucks under the hood (apc intake and ebay generic exhaust, and I'll sell you a set of ractive wires for....uhmm 5 cents plus shipping!!)

I vote for option A, damnit I wish I had 5 grand, I barely have 5 bucks!
                            No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

h22 turbo =)

or put it into my 300zx
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X