Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sports Light Tranny Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See and someone here could have gotten you a perfectly good one for 40 bucks. Well at least it works.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Originally posted by TampaLou
      Hey, I'm also having the same problem with my tranny, I'm even getting the same codes. Did changing the TCU fix it?

Im wondering what would cause this? I'd like to know if it rained between the time it ran fine and the time it started acting up? I used to get this problem only when it rained. Now it's all the time though. Also, do you have any leaks in your trunk? And do you have oil on any of your engine wires, specifically the ones that are on the passenger side around the tranny?

Thanks for your time

Lou
      Sorry I have been busy. I think the rain is coincidence. Mine started one night when I left a friends house the s light was lit solid. When I originally jumped the wire to get codes none came up. So when I pulled the neg cable it reset and was fine for 3 weeks. Then it came back but this time it was flashing and I was able to get codes. Resetting was not helping.

I do get water in my trunk from the rust hole on my right rear quarter panel. I do have oil grease and whatever debris you get from driving or previous oil leaks. But gathering from what post I read for some reason the tcu and vss are what go bad even from normal driving.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the delay in response.

Comment

Originally posted by DjSpeedy
        See and someone here could have gotten you a perfectly good one for 40 bucks. Well at least it works.
        I know but I am impatient. I could not find one locally and everyone who had one was for a 92-93. I have a 91 lx and only a 91 dx or lx will work (from what I was told I could be wrong plus I have a 2 year warranty)

Comment

I'm having similar issues and maybe someone could shoot me some help... My sport light is acting crazy just like theirs. Sometimes its on, sometimes its off, sometimes its goes on and off. when I pulled the fuse on the TCU and reset it, it would work fine, for a while. I went to the junkheap and got a tcu from a 91 lx (i have a 90 lx), which is think are the same. for 2 days it worked fine, and today its going to shit again. I have not flushed the tranny fluid because if resetting the tcu fixes it i figure it must be electrical...any other ideas on what to do about it?

thanks
          Ven

:::edit:::
          oh yeah, i have jumpered the service connection and it didn't throw any codes at all. and now resetting the tcu wont fix it ;(
          Last edited by Ventrue; 06-02-2006, 01:45 PM. Reason: other info

Comment

i have the same problem that you all seem to have also, from waht i have found on the internet it could be the main relay(i think). from what others say the solder can heat up and it could need to be re soldered. mine barely ever happens, only after it sits for a while. i could be the TCU also but then i would think that it would always happens and mine goes away for a while. hope this help, im not an expert but that is what i have heard from others

Comment

Did anyones car NOT start because of the TCU codes? Looking for a yes/no answer on this one. Thanks
              Patastinky's parting out thread. Everythings GOT TO GO!!

c0up3z r3pr353n7 !!!1!
              MY HondaSociety.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

MY HONDA-TECH.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

Comment

Here is a great site for common problems on our cars.

http://techauto.te.funpic.org/transmission.php.

Mine started fine even with the TCU unplugged.

Comment

Originally posted by mainecrab
                  Here is a great site for common problems on our cars.

http://techauto.te.funpic.org/transmission.php.

Mine started fine even with the TCU unplugged.
                  EDIT:

Yes you can start your auto accord with the TCU hooked up.
                  Last edited by patastinky; 06-29-2006, 01:13 AM.
                  Patastinky's parting out thread. Everythings GOT TO GO!!

c0up3z r3pr353n7 !!!1!
                  MY HondaSociety.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

MY HONDA-TECH.com VOUCHE THREAD !!

Comment

Help

Ok my car has the sports light stuck on and in the last few weeks it has did some weird stuff like flash and shift by its self and mainly not shift and start in a high gear or some times low gear and some times just go away. I flushed the trans and cleaned the solonoids and tested them all at 15.5 ohms. I took out my TCU and opened it up to see a brand new looking circuit board. I cant get a code from it the TCu goes red light and the SSports light stays on. The weird thing is if i drive it for a wile it will sometime go away. I will go away for 20 30 min if i unhook the neg battery cable. Everything points to TCU but its not burnt or anything inside i even took pick of inside. It seems like a elec. problem. Please Help

Comment

Working...
                    X