Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trunk Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruno8747
    Easy way to check for leaks is have somone spray the trunk down with a hose while you drop the back seat down and crawl in there and see where the water is coming in from.
    That's what I was going to say, that's probably the easiest way to pinpoint it, and take a flashlight with you.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfish2007
      For some reason when it rains the inside of my trunk gets wet. But the odd thing is I dont think its coming in from the top, I think its coming from underneath. I notice it up under the rug near my power antenna. Anybody know how water magicaly appears in my trunk.

Do the waterhose thing as was mentioned earlier, check around the power antenna, might be coming from there. this is the same thing that happen to my trunk, it turned out that the gasket around the antenna was worn to shit; so water was dripping (at a pretty fast rate into my trunk)

Comment

thanks, all you guys.

Comment

I have the same problem with my wagon everytime it rains hard i have to go to the car with a rag to clean the puddle in the spare tire area

Comment

The tail light gaskets on these cars are notorious for leaks.

Comment

mine does it, just been lazy to even check where its coming in....eh one day

Comment

where's a good place to buy the tailight gaskets?

Comment

Try Auto Zone!
                  South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

OK guys, since this is my "first official post" I'll try to make it count...

When I decided to put "something in the trunk" and knew the leakage had to stop, I did 2 things...

First I went to my local honda dealer (in florida) and orderd 4 new tail light gaskets, then, when they came in, I got the biggest tube of silicone sealer that my local advance auto parts had...

First things first, pull the tail lights and the old gaskets, clean everything thouroghly, and then put silicone everywhere! Ok, please dont take that litterally, just put it where the lens contacts the gasket, and where the gasket contacts the body, but dont be bashfull, cause you dont want to do it again.

Now, take whats left of the silicone and seal the 3 points where the spoiler meets the trunk lid.

You are obviously going to have to clean everythng first, but I assumed that was a given.

Hope this helps eveyone.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X