Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

too much spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much spin

i swaped to the f22B last year and i started racing my car. I launch at 2 and a half but it never leaves the line, just spins, what are your suggestions on my launch. or tranny/ lsd suggestions. i heard obx's diff's make the axles stuck in them
    Street Driving Achitects

what tires are you running and what's your suspension?

Comment

running on some crap sonars i think i dont even know and skunk 2 coilover springs
      Street Driving Achitects

Comment

shocks are probably dead too
        Street Driving Achitects

Comment

well there is your answer. Crappy tires are what is linking you to the road. Upgrade to some nice quality tires (check www.tirerack.com to see what people think about them before you buy). Suspension also helps, but tires will give the most noticable change.

Comment

22psi on front tires.
            stiffen the backend and pump up tires
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

An LSD will only help. Read Dutchaccord's review on the OBX before you form any opinions. Tires and a nice suspension setup will also give you nice results. there's actually a group buy on traction bars right now.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

tires it is then, i definitly need the spin on both sides, cause i can take a civic of the roll easily, spanking, but out the box, it's just too late
                Street Driving Achitects

Comment

try not dumping the clutch?

ILBB
                  People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                  The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Everything here is good advice. New tires are VERY important. Trying to launch with crappy tires is like trying to stop with crappy brakes! New shocks will reduce wheel hop (and good springs will help as well). Adjustible rear shocks are a plus, because you can make them nice and stiff. LSD will certainly help. OBX stuff is still a tossup... the price is certainly decent, and a few people have had great luck so far. I think I've only heard of one account of axles sticking, and that's not necessarily the fault of the component. Feathering the clutch slightly will also help. Try to allow the tires to grip first, THEN come off fast. Try not to lose that grip when you do.

If you want some good, yet inexpensive tires.... check out Dunlop SP. I have a pair, and I really like them!

1.) Tires
                    2.) Suspension
                    3.) LSD
                    4.) Traction bars
                    ALWAYS.) Driving technique.

Comment

learn how to launch

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

BFGoodrich g-Force tires...super sticky...all they do is chirp for me

Comment

Originally posted by chicohonda91
                          learn how to launch
                          Or learn how to feather the clutch when you take off. Decreasing tire pressures help too.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            Or learn how to feather the clutch when you take off. Decreasing tire pressures help too.
                            Only a slight decrease helps... If you drop your tire pressure too much, you'll be launching on the sidewalls and not the contact patch! You won't get better grip, and you'll potentially do some serious damage to your tires. I have mine set to 28psi for the track. I would possibly go as low as 25. I know people who run at 18, and that's just dumb, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Only a slight decrease helps... If you drop your tire pressure too much, you'll be launching on the sidewalls and not the contact patch! You won't get better grip, and you'll potentially do some serious damage to your tires. I have mine set to 28psi for the track. I would possibly go as low as 25. I know people who run at 18, and that's just dumb, IMO.
                              Yep thats understandable but its common sense. I usually run mine around 25-28 also. I have ran my car at 30 PSI and traction was a bitch. My 60fts sucked ass.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X