Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

12's in the quarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12's in the quarter?

I have a goal of running 12's in the 1/4 with my h22, ya this is way off cause I havent even ordered it yet :P, this week most likely. Just wonderin if anyone has done it, I checked the racing forum and nothing, I was thinking N/A and if need be some nitrous.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

2point6 runs an all motor h22 powered cb. you need to check him out.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it can be done, and to a daily driver too! 2point6 is in the 11s i think

Comment

11s, damn. He musta dropped some serious $$$ on that beast.
        ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

12.7 is his best. The run was done at Firebird Raceway, and I have a video of it.

2point6 is currently developing some traction bars for the CB7 that should help stabilize a hard launch... he's also investing in some larger slicks His car is also driven daily (and has a buttload of work done to it!) However, he owns Collective Racing. He knows more about the CB7 than probably 99% of the members on this board... and there's STILL a ton of money sunk into his car! Unless you own your own shop or have lots of money to spend, running 12s without turbo isn't easy.

A turbo H22 is also pretty expensive... 12s would be easier to achieve with that, but the reliability factor decreases a bit. I personally am going NA with mine, and 12s are also my goal... I actually intend on having Collective Racing do their thing for me! That's not for a while yet though... I'm going to be starting grad school soon, and THEN I'll be making money. My car very well may be a classic before I can afford to do what I want with it.

Nitrous is also fairly dangerous. With more than a 50 shot on a JDM motor, you're going to want to do some internal upgrades. It MIGHT be able to handle a 75 shot occasionally, but I wouldn't risk it on mine. 50 shot with the proper sparkplugs is the safe way to go... and on a stock-ish H22, that'll put you in the low 14s at best.

Comment

all motor h22 running 12's is serious $$$. in a week i get my car back with a shiney "new" JDM h22a in it and my goal is low 14s running it NA.

current...
            JDM h22a
            AEM CAI
            MR header

future plans...
            Built valve train
            upgraded ecu
            eagle highcomp pistons
            new cams
            catback exhaust
            sway bars
            lowering springs

(not to take away from your post but if anyone has an estimate of what that would run with my current and then future plans? i havent had it on track yet because its not in my hands yet.)

Comment

Ya my ultimate goal would be to run in the 12's, but like I said thats far off. As for NOS i wasnt thinkin more than 50 like u said, its already a high compression engine to begin with, and well I dont even have my H22 in my car yet lol.

Thats not fair I want to own my own racing company

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                I have a goal of running 12's in the 1/4 with my h22, ya this is way off cause I havent even ordered it yet :P, this week most likely. Just wonderin if anyone has done it, I checked the racing forum and nothing, I was thinking N/A and if need be some nitrous.

Ha you must be an idiot if you think your gunna go N/A and run 12 second passes in the 1/4 mile. Your going to need to spend about 2 additional grand on building that motor, and then another 2-3 grand on a turbo setup with a large turbo. Axels, drag radials, then most places wont let you run with out a cage if your sub 12's, you will def need a helmet, and maybe even some spray and a fire extinguisher.

now it would be a completelt diff story if you had a civic hatch that you gutted out and swapped in an h22, ive seen those run high 13's N/A

Comment

Running 12s N/A in an accord is more amazing than a gutted civic hatch with an h22 that can run 12s in N/A form. Of course the money spent will be different but how often do you get to see an accord run with some quick cars from nowadays. I also say thats the easy route purchasing a civic and throwing a big motor in there since anyone can do that but tuning an accord and making it run 12s all motor thats different.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by n8dogg666
                    Ha you must be an idiot if you think your gunna go N/A and run 12 second passes in the 1/4 mile. Your going to need to spend about 2 additional grand on building that motor, and then another 2-3 grand on a turbo setup with a large turbo. Axels, drag radials, then most places wont let you run with out a cage if your sub 12's, you will def need a helmet, and maybe even some spray and a fire extinguisher.

now it would be a completelt diff story if you had a civic hatch that you gutted out and swapped in an h22, ive seen those run high 13's N/A
                    I hate people who talk out of their ass.

I run 12's in the 1/4 in my N/A CB7, am I an idiot? From what you posted, you must feel that way... SO, Let me clarify some of your ingnorant information so you and other people don't continue falling for this BS.

From the NHRA 2006 Rulebook:

Fire extinguisher system – Minimum 5 pounds, NHRA-accepted fire extinguishing
                    system mandatory for all Pro Heads-Up Racers.

Protective clothing –
                    With OEM or steel firewall: jacket and pants meeting SFI 3.2A/5
                    spec and gloves meeting SFI 3.3/1 spec mandatory.
                    Without an OEM or steel firewall, with nitrous oxide, supercharged,
                    or turbocharged, or any car with an automatic transmission in the
                    driver’s compartment: Jacket and pants meeting SFI 3.2A/15 spec,
                    gloves and shoes or boots meeting SFI 3.3/5 spec mandatory.

RUNNING 13.99 to 12.00
                    Helmets – Drivers of all cars running 13.99 or quicker must use a helmet meeting Snell
                    95, K98, 2000, 2005 or SFI 31.1, 31.2, 31.1A, 31.2A, 31.1/2005, 41.1,
                    41.2, 41.1A, 41.2A, or 41.1/2005
                    Drivers of cars running faster than 7.49 or quicker must use a helmet meeting
                    Snell SA95, SA2000, SA2005 or SFI 31.1, 31.2, 31.1A, 31.2A, or 31.1/2005
                    Specs.
                    Driveline – All RWD cars running 13.99 or quicker on slicks must have a driveshaft
                    loop.

RUNNING 11.99 to 11.50
                    Clutch – Clutch in cars running 11.99 quicker must meet SFI 1.1, 1.2, 1.4 specs.
                    Flywheel shield – All cars using a clutch and running quicker than 11.99 or faster than
                    135mph must be equipped with a flywheel shield made of 1/4inch minimum thickness
                    steel plate. In lieu of shield, a blanket meeting SFI 4.1 spec, completely surrounding the
                    bellhousing, is permitted
                    Flywheel – Stock-type cast iron flywheels and/or pressure plats are prohibited in any
                    car running 11.99 or quicker. Units that meet SFI 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 specs are
                    mandatory in all cars running 11.99 or quicker.
                    Tires – Metal, screw-in valve stems mandatory in tubeless tires, front and rear, on cars
                    running 11.99 or quicker.
                    RUNNING 11.49 to 11.00
                    Driveline – All RWD cars running 11.49 or quicker on street tires must have a
                    driveshaft loop.
                    Driver restraint systems – A quick release, 3 inch shoulder harness meeting SFI 16.1
                    spec is mandatory in all cars in competition required by the rules to have a roll bar or roll
                    cage.
                    Roll Bars – 5-point NHRA-legal roll bar is mandatory in any car running 11.49 or
                    quicker.
                    Head protector – In any car where a roll bar or roll cage installed, a padded head
                    protector must be provided at the back of the drivers head and construction in an
                    attempt to prevent whiplash upon impact.
                    Protective clothing – Jacket meeting SFI 3.2A/1 spec mandatory

Most other racing sanctions follow these guidles.
                    Last edited by 2point6; 04-07-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                      I hate people who talk out of their ass.

I run 12's in the 1/4 in my N/A CB7, am I an idiot? From what you posted, you must feel that way... SO, Let me clarify some of your ingnorant information so you and other people don't continue falling for this BS.

From the NHRA 2006 Rulebook:

RUNNING 13.99 to 12.00
                      Helmets – Drivers of all cars running 13.99 or quicker must use a helmet meeting Snell
                      95, K98, 2000, 2005 or SFI 31.1, 31.2, 31.1A, 31.2A, 31.1/2005, 41.1,
                      41.2, 41.1A, 41.2A, or 41.1/2005
                      Drivers of cars running faster than 7.49 or quicker must use a helmet meeting
                      Snell SA95, SA2000, SA2005 or SFI 31.1, 31.2, 31.1A, 31.2A, or 31.1/2005
                      Specs.
                      Driveline – All RWD cars running 13.99 or quicker on slicks must have a driveshaft
                      loop.
                      RUNNING 11.99 to 11.50
                      Clutch – Clutch in cars running 11.99 quicker must meet SFI 1.1, 1.2, 1.4 specs.
                      Flywheel shield – All cars using a clutch and running quicker than 11.99 or faster than
                      135mph must be equipped with a flywheel shield made of 1/4inch minimum thickness
                      steel plate. In lieu of shield, a blanket meeting SFI 4.1 spec, completely surrounding the
                      bellhousing, is permitted
                      Flywheel – Stock-type cast iron flywheels and/or pressure plats are prohibited in any
                      car running 11.99 or quicker. Units that meet SFI 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 specs are
                      mandatory in all cars running 11.99 or quicker.
                      Tires – Metal, screw-in valve stems mandatory in tubeless tires, front and rear, on cars
                      running 11.99 or quicker.
                      RUNNING 11.49 to 11.00
                      Driveline – All RWD cars running 11.49 or quicker on street tires must have a
                      driveshaft loop.
                      Driver restraint systems – A quick release, 3 inch shoulder harness meeting SFI 16.1
                      spec is mandatory in all cars in competition required by the rules to have a roll bar or roll
                      cage.
                      Roll Bars – 5-point NHRA-legal roll bar is mandatory in any car running 11.49 or
                      quicker.
                      Head protector – In any car where a roll bar or roll cage installed, a padded head
                      protector must be provided at the back of the drivers head and construction in an
                      attempt to prevent whiplash upon impact.
                      Protective clothing – Jacket meeting SFI 3.2A/1 spec mandatory

Most other racing sanctions follow these guidles.
                      The master has spoken . Hey 2point6 are you still goin to run the h22 setup or are you gonna change it to the newer k series? Havent heard from you in a while so jw.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No plans to jump on the K bandwagon yet...

There is more to get out of the H.

myk, 12's are a reasonable goal, but I would do it with nitrous, thorough tuning, slicks, and good suspension set-up if doing it "cheaply" is your intent. For example a CB7 on a 100 shot tuned well on Hondata or Neptune could do the trick

Turbo would be another good option, but requires more money and a serious plan.

All motor is tougher and requires A LOT of planning, finesse, determination, money... you get the hint.

Comment

Ahh i thought i heard something about a K motor going into the accord. Thats good man glad to hear it.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

definatley possible....with a good amount of money invested that is. be prepared to put alot of time and research into it too!

Comment

Working...
                            X