Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous

Hey Im just wondering what nitrous setup u guys are running on your h22's bc im about to nitrous mines.....im thinkin bout goin with the new zex direct-port kit.....what are the benefits of running this kit versuses runnin sumthin like a nos or nx kit?
    Accord Hybrid

vtec + nos = bad idea. if you run it run a very low shot... remember nos works like a turbo (low compression) but wears your engine faster and vtec is high compression...

BUT here's what i've heard about nitrous.

nx has the best kit and the best nozzles
    nos has the best bottles and solanoids

^^ dont rely on that but thats what everyone in KC has set up and what everyone out here recomends so i beleive its correct..

Comment

Im not sure but there was a person that ran nitrous on his h22a powered accord. Might be some others that might be able to help you with that.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by EuroSpec
        vtec + nos = bad idea. if you run it run a very low shot... remember nos works like a turbo (low compression) but wears your engine faster and vtec is high compression...

BUT here's what i've heard about nitrous.

nx has the best kit and the best nozzles
        nos has the best bottles and solanoids

^^ dont rely on that but thats what everyone in KC has set up and what everyone out here recomends so i beleive its correct..
        I don't think anything you said is even close to right. Nitrous works nothing like a turbo. Nitrous generally works best on high compression engines as far as power results. Vtec has nothing to do with the compression ratio on your engine. Not all vtec engines have the same compression ratio...they are all very different. I've seen people on here run up to a 100 shot on their h22's. I personally ran up to a 75 shot on my f22. I used a NX kit, and I believe their kits are overall a lot better than NOS. It's really not necessary to run a direct port kit on your engine unless it's fully built. I would recommend just getting a wet kit...either Zex or NX would be my recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
          I don't think anything you said is even close to right. Nitrous works nothing like a turbo. Nitrous generally works best on high compression engines as far as power results. Vtec has nothing to do with the compression ratio on your engine. Not all vtec engines have the same compression ratio...they are all very different.
          vtec engines usually have a higher compression and the h22a has a 10.6:1 i think? its high is my point and just cause it works best doesnt mean it doesnt fawk your engine up less. i've seen nos to bad things to high comp engines, i dono if it was how they drive and a coincidence they had vtec or what but from my experiance thats what my conclusion was. and nos does work somewhat like a turbo. both have a similar idea to push more air into your engine. (nos cools air so more air can get in because the molecules are closer together and turbo's force more air in)

either way, nos can mess your engine up good if you arent careful with it. my suggestion is to not run it if you can help it

Comment

vtec engines usually have a higher compression and the h22a has a 10.6:1 i think? its high is my point and just cause it works best doesnt mean it doesnt fawk your engine up less. i've seen nos to bad things to high comp engines, i dono if it was how they drive and a coincidence they had vtec or what but from my experiance thats what my conclusion was. and nos does work somewhat like a turbo. both have a similar idea to push more air into your engine. (nos cools air so more air can get in because the molecules are closer together and turbo's force more air in)

either way, nos can mess your engine up good if you arent careful with it. my suggestion is to not run it if you can help it
            The reason why you see bad things happen with Nitrous is because people been watching too much fast and the furious....Anyway if you know how to properly use it your set and most kits come with the proper install and use instructions i would think so you dont blow the shit out of your motor. THe only thing true about nitrous is that it will decrease engine life but still if you use it properly it wont mess it up as quick.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

why do people keep referring to it as nos...nos is NOT a product, its a company, Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) the correct name is nitrousoxide (NO) one molecule of nitrogen to every molecule of Oxygen...

This has been a non-flaming post :P

Comment

C alot of people say that you can run half of what your horsepower is and still be safe..but i dont know about that one...c my motor is semi-built but im not goin to go crazy wit nitrous...i was thinkin of running a dp system bc i've heard dat it's gives the rite amount of fuel nitrous mixture...somebody correct me if im wrong.....and yes i know nitrous wears down your motor and so forth but im not planning on using it on a daily basics.just when i go to da track every now and then...and i want the zex kit bc it wont let u spray if ur running rich or to lean ....i think the whole kit to running nitrous safe is to have it tuned and properly hooked up...I just wanted to know everyone's input on da matter and to know how everyone has there nitrous hooked up....
                Accord Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81
                  why do people keep referring to it as nos...nos is NOT a product, its a company, Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) the correct name is nitrousoxide (NO) one molecule of nitrogen to every molecule of Oxygen...

This has been a non-flaming post :P

nitrous = n2o... two nitrous molecules to every one oxygen molecules

Comment

Originally posted by AccordHybrid92
                    C alot of people say that you can run half of what your horsepower is and still be safe..but i dont know about that one...c my motor is semi-built but im not goin to go crazy wit nitrous...i was thinkin of running a dp system bc i've heard dat it's gives the rite amount of fuel nitrous mixture...somebody correct me if im wrong.....and yes i know nitrous wears down your motor and so forth but im not planning on using it on a daily basics.just when i go to da track every now and then...and i want the zex kit bc it wont let u spray if ur running rich or to lean ....i think the whole kit to running nitrous safe is to have it tuned and properly hooked up...I just wanted to know everyone's input on da matter and to know how everyone has there nitrous hooked up....
                    i would have a NX kit because they have bettter kits IMO, but if you dont go crazy with it (under 50 shot i would reccomend) and dont spray a lot you should be fine.

Comment

nitrous = n2o... two nitrous molecules to every one oxygen molecules
                      owned...and beat me to it..chemistry has you knowing better

Comment

yay fore skool and lurning!!

Comment

It's because the people who are using the nitrous on high compression engines don't know what they are doing. When you run nitrous you run a larger chance of getting pre-detonation which is already a problem on high compression engines to begin with. You have to do a few things to prevent this. First, start with colder plugs..1 step colder than stock for a 50 shot and below, and 2 steps colder for anything 100 or below. Most importantly, always, always run premium fuel or even higher if available. A fuels octane rating is really just telling you how resistant it is to burn. So the higher the rating means the less chance there is of it igniting due to compression inside the engine before the spark happens....you can go too high though also. I would keep it at 93-100 depending on the shot. Finally, it's a good idea to retard the ignition timing(not to be confused with cam timing) by 1-2 degrees for a 50 shot and 2-3 for a 75-100 shot. These precautions are a much bigger deal on higher compression engines, but it does not in anyway mean that nitrous is going to be more harmful them. There is just less room for error on high compression engines.

Direct port kits will give you the best distribution of fuel and nitrous because of bias to certain cylinders, but it's not necessary really unless you are running a 100 shot of larger IMO. I used to have a wet kit on my car, and I know many people that use them for up to a 75 shot...some even for a 100 shot. Unless you are planning on routinely running a 100 shot or larger then I don't think it's worth the cash for a direct port setup.

and BTW, you should all know that it's NAWWWWZZZZ
                          Last edited by Fearit22; 03-31-2006, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Fearit22 knows his stuff when it comes to nitrous!

I have a Nitrous Works wet kit with a 50hp jet. I'm just waiting to find a good bottle for a price I'm willing to pay.

IMO, Zex is the safest choice in terms of complete systems because of the "purple box". They have everything controlled for you, so it's the closest to idiot-proof you can get. A zex single nozzle wet kit running a 50 shot, along with colder plugs and a healthy engine, should be perfectly safe on an H22. I wouldn't recommend going any higher, though some have. I won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                              It's because the people who are using the nitrous on high compression engines don't know what they are doing. When you run nitrous you run a larger chance of getting pre-detonation which is already a problem on high compression engines to begin with. You have to do a few things to prevent this. First, start with colder plugs..1 step colder than stock for a 50 shot and below, and 2 steps colder for anything 100 or below. Most importantly, always, always run premium fuel or even higher if available. A fuels octane rating is really just telling you how resistant it is to burn. So the higher the rating means the last chance there is of it igniting due to compression inside the engine before the spark happens....you can go too high though also. I would keep it at 93-100 depending on the shot. Finally, it's a good idea to retard the ignition timing(not to be confused with cam timing) by 1-2 degrees for a 50 shot and 2-3 for a 75-100 shot. These precautions are a much bigger deal on higher compression engines, but it does not in anyway mean that nitrous is going to be more harmful them. There is just less room for error on high compression engines.

Direct port kits will give you the best distribution of fuel and nitrous because of bias to certain cylinders, but it's not necessary really unless you are running a 100 shot of larger IMO. I used to have a wet kit on my car, and I know many people that use them for up to a 75 shot...some even for a 100 shot. Unless you are planning on routinely running a 100 shot or larger then I don't think it's worth the cash for a direct port setup.

and BTW, you should all know that it's NAWWWWZZZZ

you > me..

Comment

Working...
                              X