Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tightening alternator belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tightening alternator belt

wat bolts am i supposed to tighten..people sya theres these 2 bolts but i have no clue what they r talking bout..ive asked this question several times..gotten several diff methods..please help...rmeber its the beginners forum.s.o u cant flaaaamme!!!lol

I believe theres 2, 1 to tighten (Secure) the altenator, and theres another 1 to move (adjust) the altenator.
    1992 Honda Accord Owner

Comment

buit which bolts am i supposed to tighten

Comment

Theres only ONE bolt that you need to tighten and that is the bolt to the right next to the bolt that says leave tight (its to the right of it), however there are a few bolts that need to be loosened in order to allow the alternator to pivot when you adjust the slack.
        *Edit* It's the same process on the f22.
        Last edited by TysCb7; 03-25-2006, 01:58 PM.
        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

DHN, which motor do you have?
          1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Easiest way to check get you a light and you will be able to see a visible screw with threads. That would be your adjuster. If i remember it was the right one that was the adjuster and you have to loosen a 12mm bolt that secures the adjuster in the back as shown in the pic. Dont forget to break loose the big 14mm on top.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Easiest way to check get you a light and you will be able to see a visible screw with threads. That would be your adjuster. If i remember it was the right one that was the adjuster and you have to loosen a 12mm bolt that secures the adjuster in the back as shown in the pic. Dont forget to break loose the big 14mm on top.
              Yes. The right 10mm nut is the adjuster and I loosened the 14mm nut of the top alternator bracket. What I cannot find is the 12mm bolt that secures the adjuster in the back. Do I have to access it from underneath?
              1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Its kinda hard to see but you can feel for it. You can get a better view if you push the cruise control to the side. But you should still be able to see it without moving might need a lil light or somethin.
                Last edited by NAiL05; 05-12-2006, 10:02 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X