Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beginner Intake Trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92DX
    The whole idea is making the most of what you got. Drilling holes isn't really that hard. Plus this way there is none of that annoying whistle that you get from cheap intakes.

I like hearing the intake noise. It sounds angry

Comment

I took a carpenters saw to the bottom of my airbox and it sounds angry alright, downright loud after the secondaries open up (f22a6)

Comment

all that cuttin is not needed just buy a damn cheap one from advance auto or auto zone there only 60 bucks
        WU-TANG FOREVER

My 92 accord

Comment

Well you can go to HomeDepot or some place like that and get PVC Pipes And Build your own cai.For pretty cheap

Comment

hahahh ebay intakes r like 20-30$ if not go buy a conefilter from ur local auto store (autozone or pepboys) and attack it to ur stock piping with some sorta smaller tube, maybe 2 3/4" tube hahaha works fine =P
            Frost White CB7 Crew #28
            RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

Because the idea is to draw cold air in from outside of the car.Not hot air from the engine compartment.

Comment

expensive CAI's dont give that much of a proformance boost anyways.. me and my friend did that test (me with an AEM CAI him with a PVC homemade ghetto rig with a good cone filter) and they tested to be the same exact HP. the only thing i got out of my AEM setup were some stickers (which every ricer knows will add 50+ hp ) and a licenseplate boarder thing. PVC piping FTW.

Comment

Lol, I hate sticker boosters.
                  The only advantage of expensive intakes are kudos.
                  RICE COOKA!!

Comment

or just do the custom short ram trick and put a cone filter on the end of a 3" OD exhaust pipe fitting and tighten it down...voila! short ram...and no bothering with fitment issues

edit* not to mention the fact that CAI's take away from the top-end a lot moreso than an SRI does

Comment

What would happen if you just stick in a cone filter to replace the airbox?
                      RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92DX
                        What would happen if you just stick in a cone filter to replace the airbox?
                        you have a home-made SRI

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

works fine for me and sounds just like an expensive cai
                          R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by bboygreddy
                            hahahh ebay intakes r like 20-30$ if not go buy a conefilter from ur local auto store (autozone or pepboys) and attack it to ur stock piping with some sorta smaller tube, maybe 2 3/4" tube hahaha works fine =P
                            werd..a $20 filter with a piece of 3" OD exhaust pipe worked great for me..

Comment

ok if you wanna keep the stock shit keep your tubes...pulll the fender liner out...the little box down there >>>is<<< completley sealed up just a resonator to quiet intake noise if you want it functional just cut the bottom of the fender box out leave your little black hoses then it will cycle fresh cold air to your intake....but just taking the hoses off is jacking off and if you leave the fender pipe and dont do anything to the resonnator box youre still jacking off...so dont jack off...or youknow you could be real cheap and go buy a stock prelude filter...for a 90 -92 and slap it in the end of you black intake tube..like 8 bucks
                              Last edited by IBCNYA; 05-14-2006, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X