Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a head on a H23a1 block, How TO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a head on a H23a1 block, How TO???

would love it if i could get the how to for this swap, Please dont flame me i did SEARCH and Nothing and if there ever was it was deleted. Please help or direct me to a place or anything so i know what needs to be done for the swap.
    Thanks GOD BLESS!

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...ight=head+swap

that should help..

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

looks like the writeup for a f22/h23 hybrid. I would PM either wikked or h23accord, seeing they both have been invovled in a h23/h22 hybrid
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah I was wondering about this myself but, I am not finished searching. any info would be great. Thanks for starting the thread I wanted to.
        91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

question.. to cbchic.. if ur 91 lx has an h22a.. why would u get rid of it for the h23vtec?? which means finding a block and ish.. i mean u have all the parts needed all ur missing is the block.. but usually this is beneficial to those who already have the h23a swapped in and want added power.. in your case.. id just leave it as is.. unless u wanted to go true frank.. and slap a f23a block below that head.. which then that would be quality.. lol.. for n/a purposes u can expect anywhere from 150-170whp out of the g23... (depending on mods)... thats a stock f23a block with ur h22a head.. now if u slapped rsx pistons into your f23a block.. expect anywhere close to 190-200whp.. (if tuned properly)

<3 -ivie- <3

Comment

h22 head on an h23 is called a frankenstein (fyi) and i wouldnt reccomend a hybrid motor... they tend to have problems and such. i'd stick with the h22

Comment

lol.. ur telling me what their called?? thats funny.. ive married to the guy thats done quite a few.. anyway.. the unreliablity issue with hybrids.. or frankenstien's as u clearly put it.. is not so much in the engine build itself.. but the tendency for the operator to think of it as the other half.. for instance.. h23vtec... ppl with these have revved them to h22a's values.. which of course is gonna take a crapper out on the block.. same thing with those with the f23/h23.. wikkedv16 (my man).. did this recently to his. lol.. over-revved the damn thing and snapped a rod.. he knew it was coming.. 7,500 on a F22a.. = snap baby snap...

so the unreliability issue is mere disobidience

<3 -ivie- <3

Comment

HYBRIDS RULE!!!! (30th post... im blowing this popsicle stand)...

<3 -ivie- <3

Comment

And be especially careful revving the F23 block because it has a 98mm stroke and narrower rod journals. The H23 Frankenstein swap will involve drilling the block for an oil passage or you won't have enough pressure in the head for VTEC.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

98mm??? its actually 97mm stroke.. 86x97 to be exact..

and the drilling??? there is no drilling involved.. on the contrary u have to remove the oil orifice plug on the h23 block.. and thats it.. no drilling required.. now on the f23/h22a u do have to block off two oil passages.. but no drilling.. u may be referring to the redrill of the dowel pin holes on the ls/vtec's i unno.. but the F/H / H/H combo's dont need no drilling

<3 -ivie- <3

Comment

that link doesn't answer the question it goes to the wrong swap. WTF
                      vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by gromofsky_92
                        that link doesn't answer the question it goes to the wrong swap. WTF
                        92ex already covered that in the 3rd post in this thread....

Comment

I never got around to doing the DIY becuase the info was so easily accessible. Here is just one of the many links for it on HT.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=510617

Hope that helps. Let it be known though that I would not treat this like an H22 but with the low end tq you really don't need to rev it to vtec cloud 8k land to get it up to speed.
                          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

And here is a dyno I found back when I was first getting mine all together.

http://www.importreview.com/d_2.3.html

For some reason his whp is higher than mine but his wtq is a lot less than mine.
                            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

(this post goes to pimpaccord)

omg, carlos is one lucky man! i wish my gf knew as much about frankensteins as you, lol.

anyways, carlos was telling me about your wishes to twin charge the other day. im anxiously awaiting till it gets done

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X