Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a swap bogs hesitates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a swap bogs hesitates

so i just got a whole swap usdm out of a 95 prelude vtec (engine trans ecu) i installed it on my 92 coupe ex everything fell right in place i ran the vtec wires to ecu and knock..... i have no cel but the car bogs like crazy and kinda backfires a lil i hear it thru intake it does idle good tho.... i have check timing marks and ignition and they are workin properly the spark plugs are dark like its running rich any ideas please and thanks oh and i do not have egr stuff plugged up

Originally posted by drizzy View Post
    so i just got a whole swap usdm out of a 95 prelude vtec (engine trans ecu) i installed it on my 92 coupe ex everything fell right in place i ran the vtec wires to ecu and knock..... i have no cel but the car bogs like crazy and kinda backfires a lil i hear it thru intake it does idle good tho.... i have check timing marks and ignition and they are workin properly the spark plugs are dark like its running rich any ideas please and thanks oh and i do not have egr stuff plugged up
    if its only when you hit the gas, i would start with the TPS(throttle position sensor) there should be a guide somewhere on here for checking the voltage full open and closed

also make sure its a p13 ecu

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
      if its only when you hit the gas, i would start with the TPS(throttle position sensor) there should be a guide somewhere on here for checking the voltage full open and closed

also make sure its a p13 ecu
      yea its only when i hit the gas and yes it is a p13 i got donor car, an i will do voltage reading tom. but i was thinkin it ran good when i took it out so i kinda ruled out the tps but you never know so i will be checkin it tom thanks for the reply if not the tps where else would i look? i have a few hours tom to look at it and im wantin to spend that time wisely

Comment

i also read correct me if im wrong but at idle i should be gettin .5v and at wot i should be gettin 4.5v correct?

Comment

Originally posted by drizzy View Post
          i also read correct me if im wrong but at idle i should be gettin .5v and at wot i should be gettin 4.5v correct?
          That is correct.

as far as your dark spark plugs go, are they wet or dry?

Were you able to witness the engine running in the donor car prior to pulling it out? if not did you perform a compression test or leak down test on the engine prior to installing it in your car?

Also ensure that you don't have the TPS and MAP sensor connectors mixed up.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

fuel pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
              That is correct.

as far as your dark spark plugs go, are they wet or dry?

Were you able to witness the engine running in the donor car prior to pulling it out? if not did you perform a compression test or leak down test on the engine prior to installing it in your car?

Also ensure that you don't have the TPS and MAP sensor connectors mixed up.
              so the donor car was running and it ran and drove good i didnt do lek down test or compression but it ran very good the map sensor and tps sensors are different style plugs, the spark plugs were dry but dark like it was running rich i actually drove the plude home before removin the drivetrain
              Last edited by drizzy; 01-24-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                fuel pressure?
                i didnt check the exact pressure but i was thinkin it maybe a faulty fuel pressure regulator? even tho it was running good while it was in the prelude

Comment

I've experienced similar issues due to a failing o2 sensor. The CEL didn't always come on (didn't come on at all at first.) When it eventually came on, it did so at highway speeds, and no issues occurred after that.

Try unplugging the o2 sensor to see if that changes anything. It should throw a CEL. If the o2 sensor is the problem, you shouldn't experience the issue when the sensor is unplugged. If that's the case, replace it with a brand new Denso or NTK sensor for your specific year and trim (the car, not the engine.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I've experienced similar issues due to a failing o2 sensor. The CEL didn't always come on (didn't come on at all at first.) When it eventually came on, it did so at highway speeds, and no issues occurred after that.

Try unplugging the o2 sensor to see if that changes anything. It should throw a CEL. If the o2 sensor is the problem, you shouldn't experience the issue when the sensor is unplugged. If that's the case, replace it with a brand new Denso or NTK sensor for your specific year and trim (the car, not the engine.)
                    hey wassup deev i was a member a while back my name was bliz07 i had a 934dr ex that i used this site for help and i now found me a coupe 92 ex and came right back lol great site very helpful, so i checked tps map and both are good imma try to switch the fuel pressure regulator now and im also goin to try unpluggin the 02 thanks for the reply deev

Comment

No problem. Welcome back!

Comment

No problem. Welcome back!
                        so i unplugged the 02 and still acts the same, now before i change out the fuel regulator do you think that could be it? and any other suggestions when i hit the gas it just bogs out like it wants to stall then i let it go n rpm goes back up i wot and i get no response

Comment

If it acts the same with the o2 sensor unplugged, then that rules out the o2 sensor. Damn. I was hoping it would be that simple!

The fuel pressure regulator could be it, but I've never had an issue with that myself. At this point, it's worth a shot.

Comment

If it acts the same with the o2 sensor unplugged, then that rules out the o2 sensor. Damn. I was hoping it would be that simple!

The fuel pressure regulator could be it, but I've never had an issue with that myself. At this point, it's worth a shot.
                            ok thanks goin back out and changin it i have the accord regulator hopefully this will do it if not then im a lost birdie

Comment

and no luck still stalls idles good but no power when i hit the gas it losses power instead of gainin smdh......

Comment

Working...
                              X