Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is it possible to repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to repair

Hey guys!

I have a question.... due to being in a car accident, the back of my cb7 is messed up. Literally, like the trunk will not even close. My question is would it be possible to fix? I have pictures and videos to share... if it is possible, how much?

Thnks
    Dat92kidd

Without seeing pictures, it would be nearly impossible to know.

However, with these cars being as old as they are, unless yours was just absolutely mint, there's a good chance it's toast based on condition alone.

If you're determined to stay with the CB7 chassis, take this opportunity to look around at other Accords around you. Given that the low dollar and high dollar values for these cars is about $2000 apart, you really can be a picky buyer when shopping.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for replying.. soon as I figure out how to upload the pics lls...

Comment

Have a look through the rules and the stickies. Instructions on how to do so are in there.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I once slid a 92 DX coupe into a wall. The damage was similar to what you described. The body work required to fix it would have exceeded the value of the car, and the increased potential for rust and other issues would still be present even after the repair. I ended up scrapping the car (it was just meant to be a beater that was going to get a turbo, and parted out once it blew up.)

With money, ANYTHING is fixable. The question is how much are you willing and able to spend. On CB7s, cosmetic repairs are often more costly than mechanical repairs.

Comment

Short answer: yes.

The real questions is - is it worth it to repair?

If you can do all of the bodywork and paint by yourself (or with a friend helping). In addition, you may also want to buy a CB7 parts car with a good rear quarter to cut out and weld into your car (if needed). Then, you are going to need to paint the car unless you want the repairs to show. With all that considered and doable, I would say that it is worth it to fix the car.

However, if you need to pay anyone to do it for you... well, just scrap the car (part out/sell as a parts car) and buy a new cb. It's the most cost effective way to fix the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post

If you can do all of the bodywork and paint by yourself (or with a friend helping). In addition, you may also want to buy a CB7 parts car with a good rear quarter to cut out and weld into your car (if needed). Then, you are going to need to paint the car unless you want the repairs to show. With all that considered and doable, I would say that it is worth it to fix the car.

However, if you need to pay anyone to do it for you... well, just scrap the car (part out/sell as a parts car) and buy a new cb. It's the most cost effective way to fix the issue.
              Here's an example: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197590

By doing most of the work myself on this one, I kept the total cost considerably less than buying another in similar (pre-accident) condition. It did require some body straightening before putting it back together. If I had a shop do it all, that wouldn't have been the case.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post

This could also be used as a time to learn how to do some bodywork if you didn't know. Frame stuff, well....that's a whole different story.

Comment

Tnhs everyone who replied. After ready the comments, I am going to take some time and decide what I should do.. I just may end up only keeping it for two weeks, purchase another one and switch out parts. To one of the responds, yes the repair for the car would be more than its value. Well, that's what the car insurance told me. But I would hate to let her go. Great gas milage nd fast as hell. Well thanks again guys!!! Have a good night

Dat92kidd

Comment

Originally posted by Dat92kidd View Post
                    Tnhs everyone who replied. After ready the comments, I am going to take some time and decide what I should do.. I just may end up only keeping it for two weeks, purchase another one and switch out parts. To one of the responds, yes the repair for the car would be more than its value. Well, that's what the car insurance told me. But I would hate to let her go. Great gas milage nd fast as hell. Well thanks again guys!!! Have a good night

Dat92kidd
                    Fast as hell? Please share your secret....

Comment

Working...
                    X