Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Quick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick help

I have a h22a with a wire its red in this case it goes to the underneath of the intake manifold it travels tru the firewall and into the ecu however its unplug the car is an obd1 what could this wire be?

Oil pressure?

Comment

I shall feel around tomorrow thank you for the picture....i wonder why it would be unpinned
      Last edited by Sleepingcb3; 10-17-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

If it is a single red wire that is not in the black shielding or wrapped. It could be for the VTEC oil pressure switch, VTEC solenoid, IAB's or really just about anything.

What pin does it connect to on the ECU side?

On the OBD1 ECU's the numbers are Odd numbers on top & even on bottom. This is numbered as if you were looking at the back of the connectors/as they are plugged into the ECU.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

In the future, Sleepingcb3, please make your thread titles descriptive. Had Tishock and GhostAccord not already helped you before I saw this, it would have been deleted.

Comment

Would a better tittle would be "need help locating red wire?" may i ask why i need to be more specific also when can i post my ride?
            Last edited by Sleepingcb3; 10-18-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

That is explained in the rules that you should have already read.

This site is intended to be a searchable database of information. Nobody is ever going to search for "quick help". They might search for "red wire", yes. If that is as descriptive as you can get, then that is better than nothing.

For over 13 years the information shared on this site to help individual people with their problems has gone on to help others with similar problems in the future. It will continue to do so, as long as people are able to find that information.

Comment

Understod i felt around the wire and i ended up feeling aplug seemed like a plastic connector vtec is on a switch(i know)
                Last edited by Sleepingcb3; 10-18-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

To answer your question, the red wire should go to the knock sensor, and it should be wired to pin D3. What ECU are you using? If it is a chipped ECU, such as a P06, P28, or P72, the knock sensor has likely been disabled, which would explain why it is unplugged. If you are using a P13 ECU, having the knock sensor unplugged would cause your check engine light to turn on (throwing code 23, if I recall...)

Comment

Again thanks for all your help and patience i also have this unplugged my check engine is on....the car is a 1990 and i believe that to be obd0 the ecu is a p28 not chiped and it is obd1 i also have a round green plug under the distributer any suggestions?

Comment

All CB Accords are OBD1, as far as I know.

If the ECU is a P28, then it is tuned for a 1.6L Civic engine... it will do damage to your H22A if you do not chip and tune it correctly.

The round green plug is the VTEC oil pressure switch.

Read the thread at the top of this section marked "READ HERE FIRST". You will learn how to pull and interpret your check engine light error codes. Even with the wrong ECU, most of the codes thrown should be accurate.

In the meantime, don't push the car hard. Keep the RPMs under 3000 whenever possible. Don't drive it more than absolutely necessary. You don't want to do damage to the engine until you get a proper ECU for it. The H22A will likely want more fuel at higher RPMs than a smaller D16 (which your P28 is tuned for), and running lean is a good way to do serious damage to the inside of your engine.

Comment

Its running rich i know its wierd could you or any other member reffer me to a thread on how to hook up vtec ill order a new ecu this weekend what would you recomend? Its a h22a blacktop

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=159041

Comment

The P13 is the correct ecu for the h22a. That's what I would suggest. Hold onto your p28. It can be chipped and tuned later on. If you plan on modifying the engine significantly enough to require a custom tune. You shouldn't need a custom tune until you upgrade your camshafts, do major internal work, or add forced induction (turbo, supercharger, major nitrous).

Comment

It needss a tune asap ill be wiring vtec soon also where may i post pictures of my car?

Comment

Working...
                              X