Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP Steering wheel LOCKED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im itching to move this entire thread or rename it to "Ressurecting/Restoring the Accord" ... being that we are and have been on that topic for the majority of the thread.. but as a newcomer I found no way to do that so maybe admin can help? ... Anyways, to the topic on hand..

The cb7 runs and drives. I appreciate all of the advice, I'd otherwise have murdered this thing. So, I drained the gas and added new (even adding a bit while the plug bolt was out till I got a steady urine like stream of what had to be the gas i was currently adding), Pulled the plugs, wiped em off since the whole wire chamber and plugs were soaked in oil, added a tablespoon of "Stopleak Concentrate" to each cylinder, brushed the battery posts, replaced the battery with an old one, checked the air filter, and then cranked it with the plug wires out for 12-15 seconds before reinstalling the wires and firing it.

It fired right up and even started idling down within minutes. initially it was kicking out some pretty thick white smoke, but after a few minutes it calmed down and seemed normal. Driving it has me with a few more questions though. I've never done tranny work, but so far im diagnosing some slippage. First occurrence was only after a few minutes of driving, while in 2nd, without a sound, it slipped into neutral basically. I didn't notice but the speedometer actually dropped to 0mph while I was driving 15-20mph, and I was simply getting no response from the vehicle, and the speedometer wasn't working.

Also without a sound or shake or noticeable anything, it was right back in gear. The front struts make some terrible noises and the exhaust is currently ziptied for the test run, so I only had it in 4th a few times. I only took her to about 40mph and nowhere near the Highway haha. The second issue was not shifting from 1st to 2nd automatically, though all other gear changes seemed alright. The ATF is by far the most clear atf Ive seen in my life. Ambient Temps in North Dakota range from -40 to +120, and theres often 30-40 degree changes in the course of 24 hours.

Im preliminarily suspecting that theres some water in there, but like I said I have no tranny experience at all. Another atf thing I noted was that typically I think tranny fluid smells faintly like celery. Yes, the vegetable. Whatever is smells like though, its distinctive and i recognize the same fragrance with every other vehicles atf. This atf didnt really give me any noticeable odor or fragrance, it had what appeared to be the same consistency as other atf, but was clearish and speculatively diluted.

Never done a tranny flush, but Im not against it. I have heard though that in high mileage vehicles if you drain too much fluid you can unseal a crack or seal or something or other that makes it so it will leak. Any truth to that? Also, Im speculating about the oil in the plugs. This thing hasnt fired in 4 years... But the oil had to have been there since the last time it fired, cuz sitting in the impound typically finds your oil in your pan. So I think this is SOHC, and maybe just a gasket or something? Dont have much experience with innards of engines/shafts etc...

So being that yall were so helpful thus far, lets hear what you think. Meanwhile, I'm going to go and change the oil and give it another short drive. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zdubz1993; 05-08-2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

UPDATE: Car wont shift into 3rd or 4th like it did yesterday. Idk if I clarified that its an automatic, but anyways, D3 and D4 will not move past 1st Gear, but 2nd works if you shift to it manually.

Comment

If the speedo was fluttering and your transmission is acting weird, the vss might need some attention, not a new one just pulled opened and cleaned (its a spinning magnet past a hall effect sensor, that pulses faster as speed increases) see this article, theyre easy to fix and get to and cause a great deal of issues down the line if theyre wonky. theres also ferrous metal in there, couldve gotten a little crusty. A car sitting stagnant is worse then putting 100K miles a year on it. dont forget to flush your brakes, theres probably hella water adsorbed into it.

If after the vss refurb you still have issues the next thing to inspect would be the TCU, it might even be the reason it was parked (just taking a wild guess)

http://techauto.awardspace.com/vss.html

Comment

Sweet Ill read up on that. Another question I couldn't get a straight answer on was OBD1. So Im getting a few codes right now. First of all, on the instrument panel, the "S" consistently blinks. Underneath passenger floor, there are two lights blinking. The one on the left blinks 4 slow repetitions followed by one repitition, the one on the right blinks three consecutive quick reps. All the OBD1 charts I find online not only don't even mention the whole slow blink fast blink thing, but also leave out the secondary light. Anyone have a good link or chart on that? And am I actually reading these codes right if I were to say that the left one is 4-1?

Comment

Working...
          X