Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91' CB9 D4 light constant on, Please assist!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what we're saying is the first fault in the accord driveline is almost 99% the tcu, thats where you start, usually where you finish. If you cant guarantee that either one of them 100% are fault free, youre spinning your tires and wasting kilobytes of bandwidth talking in circles about what or what it may not might be.

I can read schematics and etch my own boards from scratch, youre not impressing many on here, lol we are trying to help but youre being stubborn and stuck on your reasoning.

The defacto way to fix vintage electronics is the scorched earth way, #1 ALL caps get replaced with high quality nippon chemi-con caps. then you move on from there. My Accord SiR TCU just was swapped out to my prognoses that the caps are desiccated and causing faults, this was decommissioned way before components can start burning out, other cars this doesnt happen often or its ignored to the point of failure.

So yeah, im sure youll figure it out, CB's are GREAT learning tools..

Comment

So I haven't had much time to work on the CB 9 lately, got the tires and rims back on it last weekend, and took it for a drive. Car seems to drive decent, but only shifts once... had it up to about 50 mph (The speedometer decided to quit working while going down the driveway...) and seemed like it was going to drive fine. just couldn't feel more than 1 shift... anybody know what RPM'S the transmission is suppose to shift between?

Somewhat unrelated, but what operates the speedometer in these cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Nankuronisa View Post
        So I haven't had much time to work on the CB 9 lately, got the tires and rims back on it last weekend, and took it for a drive. Car seems to drive decent, but only shifts once... had it up to about 50 mph (The speedometer decided to quit working while going down the driveway...) and seemed like it was going to drive fine. just couldn't feel more than 1 shift... anybody know what RPM'S the transmission is suppose to shift between?

Somewhat unrelated, but what operates the speedometer in these cars?
        ahh you might have found the source of your frustration, the VSS also lets the TCU know when to shift. My first cb had a bad ground for it and it was dirty, that threw it into limp mode. once the ground was fixed & vss refurbished, all problems went away. being a newb i was amazed that one little component could cause so many other issues.

check it out:
        http://techauto.awardspace.com/vss.html

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          ahh you might have found the source of your frustration, the VSS also lets the TCU know when to shift. My first cb had a bad ground for it and it was dirty, that threw it into limp mode. once the ground was fixed & vss refurbished, all problems went away. being a newb i was amazed that one little component could cause so many other issues.

check it out:
          http://techauto.awardspace.com/vss.html
          Finally, something else to check, and even a link on how to check it ! I appreciate the help, and will try to check it tomorrow evening!

Comment

I just went to a junkyard and bought 3 tcu's when mine in my 92 wagon went out.

Of the 3 I bought only one worked. So go to a junkyard and load up on them till one works.

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
              I just went to a junkyard and bought 3 tcu's when mine in my 92 wagon went out.

Of the 3 I bought only one worked. So go to a junkyard and load up on them till one works.
              1. Barely any of these things in junkyards around here, scrap got most of them, cash for clunkers got a bunch too...

2. I'm not changing the TCM again until I eliminate everything else, I'm a cheap , and don't really want to put anymore money into this thing until after I get started driving it... besides, I'm 99% sure I've got a good one in the car now...

Comment

Dumb question and i apologize if you said it already, but the D4 lights gone out now?

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                  Dumb question and i apologize if you said it already, but the D4 lights gone out now?
                  Only If I put it in D4. It's all good, I've asked plenty by this point, and will ask more I'm sure... Didn't get a chance to look at it this weekend, forgot it was Mother's Day this weekend, and had to spend some time with Ma...

Comment

Working...
                  X