Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New at car tuning any suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New at car tuning any suggestions??

Hello my is Nathan I recently purchased a 1993 Honda Accord LX sedan 4 door and I was just wondering what kind of engine it has in it and if I can do any upgrades to enhance the horsepower I've already put a cold air intake on but wondering what I should do next I was thinking about replacing the whole exhaust manifold and headers any suggestions?

If it is stock, the engine is an F22A1 (2.2 liter). There are any number of upgrades to enhance the horsepower; your best bet and this point is to peruse and search the performance sections of the forum. The first thing to do is to make sure the car is in good operating condition and take care of any neglected maintenance (brakes, suspension, steering, etc.), then consider modifications and your budget for them. If your exhaust is intact at the moment, concentrate on needed maintenance before spending money on the exhaust.

The simplest exhaust upgrade would be the tubular F22A4 (1990-1991 EX) exhaust manifold. The only difference between an F22A1 (4 to 1) and F22A4 (4 to 2) is the exhaust manifold and its related flex pipe and those were good for the 5 hp difference advertised between the two engines. This modification would also require relocation of the oxygen sensor to the flex pipe (at the bottom of the manifold on the F22A1).

Note: The engine has either an exhaust manifold or a header (singular), not both.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

there is unlimited possibilities for "upgrades" it just depends on what you want to do and how much your willing to spend

Comment

Read through the "sticky" sections on this forum. Most common modifications are discussed in detail there. The majority of this forum is dedicated to modifying and upgrading the CB7, so to ask "what can I do?" is a clear indication that you haven't taken the time to read a few things on here. You'll find 13 years worth of posts here that answer that exact question!

Be sure your car is in good condition before modifying it. These things are a quarter century old. They need a fair amount of restoration before you can expect reliable power from them. Fortunately, even by restoring your car to stock condition, you'd likely gain a noticeable amount of power and handling ability... as 25 years of wear and tear have likely diminished the car's performance significantly.

Finally, if you want a quick and easy overview of Honda engines and how to modify them, I suggest picking up a copy of Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima. It's an easy read, and it's packed with a TON of information that will get you going in whatever direction you choose. The information is a bit dated, but most of it still applies quite well to the CB7... as the cars are dated as well. By reading that book, you'll have a solid foundation on which to build additional knowledge. It's where I got my start, honestly.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Bolt-ons and tuning are two very different things!

Comment

When you grew up in a post "Fast and the Furious" era, "tuning" means anything... Bolting on a new muffler tip is "tuning". (magazines and the like didn't help, either.)

To most people that are truly knowledgeable, "tuning" means programming the ECU. Granted, lots of goofy terms have come and gone over the years... "hooked up", "tricked out", etc... "modify" is generally the best choice of words in this instance.

Also, Nathen93AccordL... threads like this frequently get deleted. "I don't know where to start" is often interpreted as "feed me information, because I'm too lazy to read!" Do your research. Get some ideas. Come back with questions. Make threads with descriptive titles so they will be useful in future searches, as this forum is intended to be a searchable database of helpful information. You will get all the help you need here... just show the experienced, intelligent members here that you're actually worth helping. Nobody wants to spoon feed.

Comment

Nothing you do to this car will gain exceptional horsepower short of a swap or turbo...

Like Deev said, the car is old, the engine is more than likely tired, you will get your ass handed to you by several late model minivans.

My suggestion is to inspect everything. Go through all the cars systems (cooling, braking, steering, ignition, fuel, etc.) and look for things that are out of place. If you don't know what to look for, get a pair of experienced eyes to help. Most people use these cars as throwaways when they are on down times or just need a beater. They've been used and abused. That is a testament of just how good these cars really are. Most are still going!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
              X