Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

eBay coils and sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, getting a quality set of tires will help you more than eBay sleeves. Some advans or proxes would be my choices, but that's also around $400!

Are you doing auto cross or what?

Comment

LeMons... budget road racing.

Comment

Yup cannot exceed $500 in the car except for safety stuff. Brakes are part of safety which is one of my main areas of focus right now. Everything needs replaced. Fun of a 238,000 mi car

Comment

Some Monroe Quick Struts would be a fairly affordable solution. I forget how much they go for, but I think you can get all 4 corners for pretty cheap. Stock height, and they're crap... but better than blown, and better than ebay junk for sure!

Comment

You can try used struts. I bought 4 used Koni Yellows in really good condition off ebay for $250. I've had them on for two years now and they still work great. You just have to be really careful about the seller - make sure he/she has at least 99% positive feedback.

Comment

Of course, 99&#37; positive feedback with the majority of their sales being non-automotive products, it could be a risk. Look at past auctions to see if they're selling random parts, or if the parts they're selling seem to be consistent with cars (Accords especially.) Or at least buy from someone that mentions the shocks were on their car. Some people could be shady enough to find shocks in a junkyard and try to sell them... condition unknown.

Beware of cheap junk on eBay, though. You'll find lots of garbage, like TruHart and Skunk2. That's one of those cases where you'd be better off with good stock replacement over their "performance" junk!

I bought used Koni Yellows from a friend that wrecked his car. They were rusty and ugly, but they worked just fine for many years.

Comment

I did tons of searching here and found a thread where someone had found actual spring rates for many of the available aftermarket springs. My team bought nuespeed race springs and koni str oranges and we've been reasonably happy with the improvement over stock. The nuespeeds had a modest lowering and were substantially stiffer than stock. Most lowering springs are no stiffer than stock so you loose suspension travel and end up bottoming out the suspension. Our el-cheapo konis are holding up but our main reason for selecting them is they were on sale all last summer, cheaper than any of the stock replacement shocks. We spray painted all of it matte black before installing. Coilovers will get you in A or will get you penalty laps. Our setup handles pretty well and still passes the bounce test. That's when the BS judges bounce the corner of your car and if it is too stiff they start looking for cheaty parts.
                ==========================
                1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Working...
                X