Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

P12 or P06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P12 or P06

I can get the ecu out if a 92 ex but its an automatic. Will it matter or is it useful with my f22a1 mt5? Also, which lude should I try to look for a the p12? I know where a 92 lude is. It's where I got my shifter? Point me in the the best direction and that's where I'm going. Being able to chip the ecu in the future is a plus.

Automatic ECU's are different than standard.

Only Ludes with standard f22's have compatible ECU's.

What engine do you even have? If it's an a6, you need an a6 ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Automatic ECU's are different than standard.

Only Ludes with standard f22's have compatible ECU's.

What engine do you even have? If it's an a6, you need an a6 ECU.
      A quick search of the forum shows many different examples of people running AT ECU's in an MT car and vice versa. They have almost all stated that there was no issue with the ECU being for a different trans.

Remember. These cars have a TCU that controls the transmission. Sure, there might be a few differences between a MT ECU and an AT ECU, but the forum has shown that it does work without an issue.

Comment

Regardless, you wouldn't want to put a p12 in a car with an A6. If he has an A6, he needs a PT6.

A1 & A4, sure. Use the p12 for the extra power. A p06 is out of a damn civic, so don't use that unless your tuner says he can make it work for your setup.

Comment

If it's a 92 EX, it should have the F22A6. The stock PT6 is the best ECU for that engine.
          A P12 will be of no benefit to you. (the P12 can be found in a 92-95 Prelude S with the F22A1.)

And yes... P06 is a Civic ECU. You do not want to run an ECU intended for a 1.5L Civic in your Accord.

There are NO ECUs that you can run stock for now and chip later. Until you have enough done to your engine to warrant a tune, don't bother with a chipped ECU. You're never going to tune it better than Honda's engineers did.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            Regardless, you wouldn't want to put a p12 in a car with an A6. If he has an A6, he needs a PT6.

A1 & A4, sure. Use the p12 for the extra power. A p06 is out of a damn civic, so don't use that unless your tuner says he can make it work for your setup.
            In my opinion. If your getting it tuned, it really doesn't matter which ecu you use. Only difference between the A1/A4 and A6 is more aggressive cam and tune to accommodated the larger lift. If your getting it tuned or have a different cam on it anyway it doesn't matter. The ecu can be tuned to match. If you were doing a stock to stock swap with an A6 ecu, you would need the A6 ecu to take advantage of the cam. That's it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but other than minor differences for the base map for the car it came out of I don't know of any major differences. It just came from different car. After a tuner is done, a p06 or p12 will hold same tune. He could swap numbers and no one would know. In theory.

Comment

*you're (sorry... "your" just makes me cringe... )

The A6 also has a 2 stage intake manifold, which requires the ECU to operate properly. The PT6 controls this, whereas the PT3 does not (and neither does the P06 or P28, unless you add the necessary circuitry.)

PT3, PT6, and P12 are not tunable ECUs. P06 is tunable, but there's no need for such a thing until sufficient modifications have been done to the engine to require it.

Use the ECU that is intended to be used for the engine. That is the best ECU. Honda's engineers actually knew what they were doing, believe it or not!
              Using an ECU that is not intended for the engine would be like speaking Chinese to a German person, in hopes of making yourself better understood.

Comment

Originally posted by F22hybrid91 View Post
                In my opinion. If your getting it tuned, it really doesn't matter which ecu you use. Only difference between the A1/A4 and A6 is more aggressive cam and tune to accommodated the larger lift. If your getting it tuned or have a different cam on it anyway it doesn't matter. The ecu can be tuned to match. If you were doing a stock to stock swap with an A6 ecu, you would need the A6 ecu to take advantage of the cam. That's it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but other than minor differences for the base map for the car it came out of I don't know of any major differences. It just came from different car. After a tuner is done, a p06 or p12 will hold same tune. He could swap numbers and no one would know. In theory.
                It does sort of matter which ECU is used. I don't believe the p12 is tunable and some others aren't as well, which is why people go the converted p06, or p28 route. (I understand what you're saying about swapping numbers and nobody really knowing much different, though.. )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  If it's a 92 EX, it should have the F22A6. The stock PT6 is the best ECU for that engine.

And yes... P06 is a Civic ECU. You do not want to run an ECU intended for a 1.5L Civic in your Accord.
                  Yeah it should have an A6, but you never know!

I don't know off hand of anybody chipping a PT6 or P12...

Personally I'd run a stand alone.

Comment

People have done it. You have VERY limited control over certain parameters in most instances.
                    A member here actually started pt-tuning.com (or something like that... whatever it was, it seems to be gone now). He was working on cracking the PT3/PT6/P12 ECUs, and made some decent progress. One major issue is that no software supports those ECUs.

Honestly, few people here really need a tuned ECU. Those that do have usually done enough research to get to that point where they already know what their best options are regarding engine management.
                    A chipped ECU is fine for most enthusiasts with a mild build (streetable N/A, mild turbo, etc...) More advanced systems offer tons of options, but most would go unused by anyone that wasn't serious about racing or extracting the absolute maximum power possible from their engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 92LxCoupe92 View Post
                      It does sort of matter which ECU is used. I don't believe the p12 is tunable and some others aren't as well, which is why people go the converted p06, or p28 route. (I understand what you're saying about swapping numbers and nobody really knowing much different, though.. )
                      But my point is assuming its tunable whether its a P06, p28, or whatever if it will work for your set up with a tune it really doesn't matter. Granted they have different circuitry for different accessories but if your just using it as a chipped ECU and not using said accessories why would the engine care if ECU was tuned for that engine?

Comment

Working...
                      X